Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So as of now I have H&R sport springs with konig ultraform 18x8 +42 offset I believe. and continental extremecontact 235/40. I added pictures of it below. Reason for the konig is they were really light at less than 18lb a piece. So not really Trynna change wheels unless I just get 8.5 in . I want it to be more tucked but not to the point where I’ll rub the fenders every time I make a turn. So I think 245/40 would be fine as far as rubbing. But had any had experiance running 255s. Preferably with 18x8s and how the ride was. I think these springs are 1.4” drop and with +42 offset I think it would be rubbing some but not terrible. I just wanna see how beefy they look too before I go for em.

Attachments

·
Registered
708 Posts
Well I can tell you what I'm running on stock suspension, no camber arms or bushings to adjust for, on 18x9.5 +38 with 265/35 595s and they are nice and meaty and for not being lowered it looks like I am, I literally have less wheel gap then you do. They rub in the back only and only at high speeds if I have a load in the truck. They literally rubbed so lightly, like I mean barely that it actually rolled my rear fenders with warping fenders or cracking the paint and it didn't tear my tires up either, it actually rolled them better then you'd prolly be able to find done at most shops. I was really surprised, I think it did it so well because they happened simultaneously across the entire arch of the wheel instead of lil by lil with a roller and it applied the exact same pressure which was so minimal across the entire thing so it didn't hurt anything. I got lucky basically. Now if I was to do it again, I'd prolly get 255, or 245 because at the moment they look great, I get alot of compliments but I can't put any suspension on it coz itd be up in the fenders.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I can tell you what I'm running on stock suspension, no camber arms or bushings to adjust for, on 18x9.5 +38 with 265/35 595s and they are nice and meaty and for not being lowered it looks like I am, I literally have less wheel gap then you do. They rub in the back only and only at high speeds if I have a load in the truck. They literally rubbed so lightly, like I mean barely that it actually rolled my rear fenders with warping fenders or cracking the paint and it didn't tear my tires up either, it actually rolled them better then you'd prolly be able to find done at most shops. I was really surprised, I think it did it so well because they happened simultaneously across the entire arch of the wheel instead of lil by lil with a roller and it applied the exact same pressure which was so minimal across the entire thing so it didn't hurt anything. I got lucky basically. Now if I was to do it again, I'd prolly get 255, or 245 because at the moment they look great, I get alot of compliments but I can't put any suspension on it coz itd be up in the fenders.
Thanks and yea I really wanna see what the 255s will look like. Just with the sport springs I’m not sure if I can do it. I would say screw it and go for 245 bc I know they will fit but then I don’t wanna he hating myself for not waiting for input on the 255s. But thanks for your comment. Any pics with the 265s?

·
ST Vendor
251 Posts
So as of now I have H&R sport springs with konig ultraform 18x8 +42 offset I believe. and continental extremecontact 235/40. I added pictures of it below. Reason for the konig is they were really light at less than 18lb a piece. So not really Trynna change wheels unless I just get 8.5 in . I want it to be more tucked but not to the point where I’ll rub the fenders every time I make a turn. So I think 245/40 would be fine as far as rubbing. But had any had experiance running 255s. Preferably with 18x8s and how the ride was. I think these springs are 1.4” drop and with +42 offset I think it would be rubbing some but not terrible. I just wanna see how beefy they look too before I go for em.
That's a seriously great looking color combo

·
Registered
708 Posts
Sorry I didn't know you asked for photos. Like I said they barely rub at all, and what they do was so light it literally rolled the lil lip on the inside of my fenders and it's so soft of a rub it does nothing to do the tires. I'd say with a some adjustable camber bushings in the back I could eliminate the rub without even control arms. Here's the one thing I would say though, as my car sits it looks like it's lowered but it isn't, it's all factory suspension. So if I lowered it right now even with the springs that only drop like .7 and 1.0 in in the back it'd be excessive. To lower it I'd need to do a smaller tire

Attachments

·
Registered
708 Posts
When I say smaller I don't mean wheel size I mean I'd prolly go to a 255 or 245 depends on how much of a difference in mm going from one to the other gives you in clearance

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
When I say smaller I don't mean wheel size I mean I'd prolly go to a 255 or 245 depends on how much of a difference in mm going from one to the other gives you in clearance

Well if you have 265's now a 255 would give you 5mm(about 3/16') more clearance on the inside and outside. A 245 will give you 10 mm (about 3/8") clearance on each side of the wheel

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
5 Participants
Ginger_snaps4
Ford Focus ST Forum
We’re the premiere Ford Focus ST forum with discussions on the 2013+ Focus ST. Join the community and see the latest news, photos, videos, classifieds, reviews, events and more!
Full Forum Listing