Ford Focus ST Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I was able to flash the car back to stock with my AP from my other Focus ST and I'm glad I did! The black smoke is gone and it feels much quicker SOTP wise. I don't know what was up with that Ford performance tune but I like the stock tune alot better. I'm still not sure what the oil problem is but its squirting from somewhere as the hood insulation is wet with oil. I'll let you know if I get it figured out.

·
Super Moderator
7,218 Posts
I was able to flash the car back to stock with my AP from my other Focus ST and I'm glad I did! The black smoke is gone and it feels much quicker SOTP wise. I don't know what was up with that Ford performance tune but I like the stock tune alot better. I'm still not sure what the oil problem is but its squirting from somewhere as the hood insulation is wet with oil. I'll let you know if I get it figured out.
That's interesting, it was my understanding the the Ford Performance map was "Locked In" and could not be altered or removed without the Ford hand held unit, or by a dealer.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
That's interesting, it was my understanding the the Ford Performance map was "Locked In" and could not be altered or removed without the Ford hand held unit, or by a dealer.
Basically I just uninstalled it from my 2015 and then installed a OTS Cobb tune on the car. Then I uninstalled it so that it would revert to the factory tune and then reinstalled my E30 tune on my 2015 car. It worked so I'm happy about that. It's crazy that the car feels quicker now with the factory Ford tune over the Ford performance tune, especially since I was seeing close to 25 pounds of boost on the performance tune and now only close to 20 on the stock tune. I also don't know why it was running so rich...weird.

·
Super Moderator
7,218 Posts
Basically I just uninstalled it from my 2015 and then installed a OTS Cobb tune on the car. Then I uninstalled it so that it would revert to the factory tune and then reinstalled my E30 tune on my 2015 car. It worked so I'm happy about that. It's crazy that the car feels quicker now with the factory Ford tune over the Ford performance tune, especially since I was seeing close to 25 pounds of boost on the performance tune and now only close to 20 on the stock tune. I also don't know why it was running so rich...weird.
Sounds like the Ford map was corrupted somehow. Glad you were able to resolve the issue with the tune, now on to the mystery oil!

·
Registered
613 Posts
back when BMW actually made the "ultimate driving machine" and not SUVs for rich moms to drive to the country club with :cry:
Agree, unfortunately. I own a 64,000 mile E30 M3, so that is my definition of "///M". All of the "///M" branding on the newer cars is just disgusting, and ruins the intent of that effort. Other than being ridiculously fast while jockeying for position in traffic, what aspect of an X3 M Sport has anything to do with "Motorsports"?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Have you checked the PCV valve connection on the back of the intake tube?

·
Registered
312 Posts
I did 90-130mph down in Mexico last week for 2.5 hours and burned a bearing and a quart of oil. Did you do 130 mph for 2.5 hours?

21 - 27 of 27 Posts