Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
NOT Sure not that happened...but it happened... looking for advise where i can get a replacement part or i need a new intake lol?

Auto part Fuel line Engine Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle Auto part Vehicle Engine Car Auto part Vehicle Engine Automotive tire Fuel line

·
Registered
163 Posts
thats just the bushing that came apart. i dont like using these for that reason. you can easily figure out a DIY fix if you just go to the hardware store, but I'm sure you could also get replacement bushings. Is that a fswerks intake? Looks like it. I'd contact the manufacturer and see if you can get replacements. I bet you can.

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
That's what happens when you replace factory part with plenty of allowance for movement and replace with part that is rigid. Replacements will break as well. Needs more flex joints to soak up engine movement.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thats just the bushing that came apart. i dont like using these for that reason. you can easily figure out a DIY fix if you just go to the hardware store, but I'm sure you could also get replacement bushings. Is that a fswerks intake? Looks like it. I'd contact the manufacturer and see if you can get replacements. I bet you can.
thank you for your info... so is that the thing I should get for fswerks?

FSWERKS Cool-Flo Intake rubber mount - FS017, FS018

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
That's what happens when you replace factory part with plenty of allowance for movement and replace with part that is rigid. Replacements will break as well. Needs more flex joints to soak up engine movement.
As a noob, could you go into the pieces a little more, what changes would cause this and a good fix if you know one? Thanks!

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Or you could restrict the engine from moving so much, like w/ a mountune roll restrictor :)
came in the mail yesterday :big smile:

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts