Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I recently purchased my 2013 ST2 with 24k miles. When I bought the car I was under the impression it was bone stock. I am the second owner hell it even had the original F1 tires with damn new no tread wear.

So thinking it's stock I go buy the Cobb intake and get exhaust work done. I get told by so many people my car isn't stock. Even my buddy who has an IS300 which is turbocharged confirmed that he's raced stock ST's and walks them no problem but him and I stay damn near even.

Yesterday we had a dyno day, I put my car on the dyno and it put down 350WHP and 407WTQ. What the hell?!

I have the stock intercooler which I know are not effective compared to aftermarket but I heat soak like crazy. I do 1-2 pulls and my temperature climbs past the middle mark on the temperature gauge. I have plenty of coolant it's not low what so ever.

Is it possible the original owner had taken all the aftermarket parts off EXCEPT the turbo and put the stock wheels and tires back on?

So here's the dyno video for you guy, y'all be the judge..

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've looked at the intercooler it's stock.
I haven't found an accessport anywhere I've looked high and low

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Pics asap

·
Premium Member
13,948 Posts
Unfortunately I bought it from the dealer so I have no idea who the previous owner is
See if the dealer can get you in contact. Sometimes they will. They most likely won't outright give you the previous owners number. Who knows maybe they have the accessport and didn't give it to you.

Sent from another garage.

·
Registered
5,568 Posts
Need pics of the turbo and that graph is jacked up. Peak tq changes from each run by a 1000 rpm and peak hp by 400 rpm. That is not a accurate dyno

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Need pics of the turbo and that graph is jacked up. Peak tq changes from each run by a 1000 rpm and peak hp by 400 rpm. That is not a accurate dyno
We expected the numbers to be off. My best friends CTS V was way off. So I'm not certain what it really put's down. We'll be hitting up a dyno jet in a couple weeks to get better readings.

·
Registered
5,568 Posts
We expected the numbers to be off. My best friends CTS V was way off. So I'm not certain what it really put's down. We'll be hitting up a dyno jet in a couple weeks to get better readings.
Pop the hood and get a camera down there and snap pics of the turbo. We can tell you right away if its stock or not

·
Registered
408 Posts
Check the navigation system, my st3 had the previous owner phone number and address still on it.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Was able to read 53041014867A off the turbo. So it's the stock K03
Still raises the question how did it pull so hard on the dyno?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts