Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my ST a couple weeks ago and found that it has a Euro spec grill on it. Something I haven't seen here in the states.

I'm looking to have a euro vantity plate made for the car. There are a couple places online that sell them. I need some help from the hive mind coming up with a catchy plate that doesn't scream douchbag. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
or NOT!!!

please NOT!

Euro plates are for.... Europe... here in Merica we run American plates. I think cops should pull over and impound cars for Euro plates. your car can get impounded for having "non-registered" plates, well euro plate fall under that category to the T

Wonder do people in Europe run "American" plates? NO comes to mind really quickly but I don't really know for sure. maybe one of the Euro members can chime in and let me know? maybe someone in Berlin Germany rocking a Oregon USA plate.... bahahahahahah

·
Registered
163 Posts
My front plate is euro as is my grill. Never once been pulled for it. Depends on the state if they require a legal front plate. AZ doesn't require a front plate so cops don't care.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
163 Posts

Pretty much instead of being all honeycomb it has a solid plastic spot that a typical euro plate would cover.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
or NOT!!!

please NOT!

Euro plates are for.... Europe... here in Merica we run American plates. I think cops should pull over and impound cars for Euro plates. your car can get impounded for having "non-registered" plates, well euro plate fall under that category to the T

Wonder do people in Europe run "American" plates? NO comes to mind really quickly but I don't really know for sure. maybe one of the Euro members can chime in and let me know? maybe someone in Berlin Germany rocking a Oregon USA plate.... bahahahahahah
Well, being a part of the fuzz, it is most certainly not illegal in Indiana. No different, in terms of the law, than running a a plate that says "SS" on the front of a trailblazer SS.

My car has the European spec grill so without a plate it looks like it's missing something. Thanks for your help though.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Help me make a vanity "Euro" plate

I bought my ST a couple weeks ago and found that it has a Euro spec grill on it. Something I haven't seen here in the states.

I'm looking to have a euro vantity plate made for the car. There are a couple places online that sell them. I need some help from the hive mind coming up with a catchy plate that doesn't scream douchbag. Thanks in advance!
Do you have a theme for the car? Or something you call it? I got "blue bomber" from mega man and I have a pop vinyl figure and my screen is mega man. (Posted a picture above) try going for something like that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The car is to new to have a name yet. Best idea I've had so far is
"FMLY CÄR" because this car needed to accommodate my small family but I secretly picked a car I knew would be sport oriented instead of a boring gas getter.

·
Registered
106 Posts
the car is to new to have a name yet. Best idea i've had so far is
"fmly cär" because this car needed to accommodate my small family but i secretly picked a car i knew would be sport oriented instead of a boring gas getter.

Sent from my iphone using tapatalk
st250

·
Registered
100 Posts
Like others have said, it can only work if it fits an overall theme of the car. My 2006 ZX3 had an RS replica grille and a couple other modifications that were loosely inspired by Euro versions so I got a Euro plate to put on the front. My car was also nicknamed Colonel Mustard, so there's that.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Ford motor company Motor vehicle

·
Registered
1,900 Posts

Pretty much instead of being all honeycomb it has a solid plastic spot that a typical euro plate would cover.

Dunno if the grilles are the same on that side of the Pond or not, but that's a US grille for sure. The solid section covers the horizontal crash bar (and a crush pad between it and the bumper).

Good luck with your euro plate search!

Mark

·
Registered
163 Posts
Dunno if the grilles are the same on that side of the Pond or not, but that's a US grille for sure. The solid section covers the horizontal crash bar (and a crush pad between it and the bumper).

Good luck with your euro plate search!

Mark
I have a euro grill. I got it when I was stationed in the U.K. Swapped it for my US grill.

Euro

US

Reactions: LMStone510

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Damned fugly grills, the Euro/UK ones are. I'm going to change mine for a US one at a later date. But if you want a custom set of Euro/UK plates, then THIS is the best place I know. I've had a set done for my old Racing Puma and my ST. They'll do any pic for the end you want. The end I did for my ST was the Ford Racing logo.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts