Ford Focus ST Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
929 Posts
Hi streetz, I hear you, but won't adding a resonator increase the back pressure? Will that mean I'll have to get a custom tune ?

Cobb stage 3 package
Cobb short shift bracket 40%
Cobb rear motor mount
To be honest, as long as you are not upgrading your turbo anytime soon I wouldn't worry about it. The magnaflow perforated res we used was a straight through design with perforated tubing. Worked great.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #23 (Edited)
Does anyone know the difference between opinion and fact?

When I bought my Cobb CB, EVERYONE said it's not loud.
Unanimous without a variance in opinion.
After purchase, I found my 'opinion' differed from the dozen posted.
It might be a case of 'dittoism' or people just supporting their purchase blindly....
Similar to those who continue to post "Cobb CB does not help performance", who are wrong without evidence or even having experienced one.

I have had about 5 a/m CB's and the Cobb is probably the most aggressive re:noise and NVH.

The Cobb 3" CB is a beautiful high quality piece that will have more resale value than any CB out there, but it adds a significant amount of NVH, sound and rumble.
I could pull the Cobb CB off and sell it for 600+ in 3 days.
After a few thousand miles, I love the thing and feel it definitely helps performance(many argue otherwise)....

But if you want a stealth car or a very moderate increase in volume, avoid the 3" systems

Maybe the new FSWerks Stealth 3" system will be quieter....

So, OP, don't destroy your Cobb system.
Pull it off and sell it and use a different system. 2.5" or a Stealth system.
Hi stolen , thanks for the advise. I think nobody will get the cat back. off me simply because of shipping costs. Maybe someone from Australia.

Ford's not really big in Singapore, they have only sold9 units of the st since launching it a year ago.

I'm most prob planning to get it installed only for track days and flash the stage3 map on. For daily drive I'll reinstall the stock one. After all, I do like the design of the tips.

Cobb stage 3 package
Cobb rear motor mount

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Cobb exhaust too loud wow, I am still shocked when I see these kind of posts. I have the Cobb TB on my ST and it is by far the most quiet exhaust system on any car I have ever owned. But as already mentioned you will need to add in a resonator or two and it will make it even quieter. But for it to be as quiet as the stock exhaust I doubt that will ever be the case.
Hi gringoloco,

We have strict laws and enforcement in Singapore. Believe me, I know what's loud too. I owned 2 track ready cars in the Nissan s15 and the rx8. These cars had to be De-registered and cannot be driven on Singapore roads.

However the st is my daily drive and having the turbo back on is like I'm going on a suicide mission to get arrested.

Cobb stage 3 package
Cobb rear motor mount

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #25 (Edited)
Thanks for your help guys, so I take it that besides a straight through resonator somewhere along the cat back (that is if I'm ever gonna mod the exhaust). There's no other viable solution.

Cobb stage 3 package
Cobb rear motor mount

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
For those of you who have the turbo back installed, do you feel slight vibrations from the accelerator pedal? I don't know if it's the rmm (i install together) giving me this problem or the turbo back or both?

Cobb stage 3 package
Cobb rear motor mount

·
Super Moderator
7,450 Posts
I thought he might want some closure. Really though I was using search and for some reason saw the last post was oct 6, I didn’t even think to look at the year, lol.
Yeah, the new search seems to be throwing people into the past a lot lately.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts