Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry for the novel, I'll stay on point as much as possible.

Ok so one of my master techs is an excellent technician with years of experience tuning mostly LS motors and Mustangs but doesn't know the EcoBoost very well at all. He has been wanting to pull the tune on my car but HP tuning just unlocked tuning for the ST.

Two issues arise from this: I will lose use of my AP3, and he doesn't know the platform. Now I guess I can give up the AP if I can get a great custom tune, but it's going to be a learning experience for him. Does anyone have any ideas on what to do or any resources that might help my tech learn more about this engine?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
55 Posts
If it's his first rodeo, I'd let someone else be the guinea pig.

Tuning as a concept is sort of universal but every engine is different. An LS is nothing like an ecoboost.

Sent from Harambe in heaven, amen.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well it's either me or no one pretty much. Not many STs around here. He's been tuning a mutual friend's big turbo Miata, which is closer. He just doesn't really know what limits he can push and which ones he can't to keep the tune safe. He's going to research before attempting I'm just looking for any words of advice I can give him from someone with experience on this engine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts