Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some help and am hoping someone else here has had the same issues.

At startup when cold the car smokes...a lot. The smoke is white and smells really bad. It is smoke not steam as it hangs in the air. If I back out of my drive way and take off there is still a puff of smoke when I am a block away from where I started.
The car starts to smoke within 5-10 seconds and goes away once warm about a mile or two.
The car is losing coolant, I am guessing burning and that is the smoke. In my 30 mile trip to work once cool (a couple hours) it will take about 1/2 gallon, maybe less, but for sure no more.
It runs fine, no cels, builds and holds boost just fine. I am stock except for a turbosmart bov and have 31,000 miles on a 2013.
There is no coolant in the oil (checking on the dipstick and opening the filler cap) and the oil level doesn't change.

I have an appointment at the dealer with a known trusted ST tech next week. I am not driving the car till I need to get it to the dealer.

Any ideas, or places to go look?

·
Registered
357 Posts
Blown headgasket.

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What is the likely hood it is just a new gasket, and not anything more serious?

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So if turbo, is it a seal, or new turbo? If new turbo what are my options? Stock turbo, or big turbo?

·
Registered
3,616 Posts
So if turbo, is it a seal, or new turbo? If new turbo what are my options? Stock turbo, or big turbo?
There's plenty of people selling stock turbos.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Update. My car is at Ford and they said head gasket failure, coolant in the engine. New engine is ordered under warranty.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts