Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was heading to work this past weekend and noticed the check engine fault light appeared about a quarter mile down from my house. Turned around and went back to house to find my FRPP module to scan and it came up with the P1026. Couldn't find any info within the forums, flashed it and it never came back that day. The same thing happened the next morning. This afternoon I went to run some errands and noticed coming home a big loss of power, RPMs struggled to go past 3k, car felt sluggish. Scanned again and saw a P2019 which shows engine overspeed but I don't know why or what caused it. Normal driving conditions. Any suggestions?

I reset the KAM and cleared the codes then proceeded to drive it up and down the street a few times, normal driving not spirited to see if anything would pop, but nothing within a mile or two of driving. I have never had any issues thankfully in the past 2 and a half years. Hoping this isn't serious.

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
1,370 Posts

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
I also see VCT solenoid stuck possibly. On the pages that I found this code, it doesnt really seem to be a Ford code, but the manufacturers that do use it, they are all linked somehow to the Valve control solenoid, whether vtec, vvti, vct and whatever else. Whens the last time you did an oil change, and what weight are you using, and how cold is it where your at? It says if that is it, could be sticking from contaminants in the oil. SO I don't know. Just for ****s and gigs, your not possibly reading it wrong and its actually 0126, coz that would make alot more sense and itd be coolant operating temp issue. Thought Id ask just in case, I know Ive gone dyslexic before.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts