Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I got my Cobb DP installed today but I got a problem. When midly accelerating the downpipe is touching a beam for a second causing a rattle. I've attached the pics (not my pics but pulled them off the Net for visual aid). The shop that did the install of the DP told me I had several options but didn't want to do it themselves because of the liability. One of the options they told me was to take a crow bar between the beam and DP and see if I can create a little more distance between the two. Another option was to heat up the beam a bit and then throw a chain around it and pull down or hang from it to increase the gap between the beam and DP.

Anyone else run into this situation already and have other ideas??

FOCUS.jpg FOCUS2.jpg

·
Registered
95 Posts
My Milltek DP was rubbing that as well. I removed the bracket and the problem went away.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The shop installer told me that would loosen up the ride quite a bit. How does your ST handle after removing that bracket??

·
Registered
95 Posts
The shop installer told me that would loosen up the ride quite a bit. How does your ST handle after removing that bracket??
I didn't feel any difference.

·
Premium Member
1,152 Posts
can't be normal.. or everyone would be complaining about it.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,172 Posts
Exhaust hangers/bracket are probably torn. In the 2nd pic look at the bottom of them. If that isn't your picture...then whoever's picture that is looks like theirs are torn too. They make replacements.

Edit: Don't remove the bar and sacrifice handling/safety just because something slightly rattles. Be sensible please.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,172 Posts
Most likely the bushings are torn. RebelDevil makes a replacement piece that uses better bushings.

Sent from another garage.
That's who it was. Couldn't think of who made it without searching.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the input guys.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts