Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys
Recently I blew up my turbo on brand-new 2015 Focus ST .
DID ONLY 10000kM
A lot of white smoke was coming out so I've upgraded my turbo now and have safely tuned it ,but every time I accelerate a lot of white smoke comes out ( a lot ) .
And my car for some reason keeps drinking oil
We cleaned the intercooler we had a lot of oil sitting in both pipe sides.
Anyone out there had this problem or no a solution?
My tuner is amazing at what he does and all air ratio and everything seems fine on the computer
Pushing 260kw ATW
My Engine mods are :
-Gtx287r turbo
-Full custom exhaust and 100 cell downpipe
- cpe pod filter
-ATP Intercooler

PS : the white smoke is still there but less after cleaning intercooler !

So I hope some one out there knows what the hell is going on

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
White smoke isn't oil... usually coolant related. No change in coolant level? So when you blew up the turbo it wouldn't boost? First I recall hearing that. Drinking oil and white smoke sound like 2 different things, coolant issue and blow by maybe. Compression test?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Might of melted your piston ringlan, when this happens its letting too much blow by and it creates white smoke.
wouldn't it lose power if this happened ? we keep testing it on the dyno and they can't find anything wrong but i will let them know about the piston
so you think water meth or even a catch can oil would ?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
White smoke isn't oil... usually coolant related. No change in coolant level? So when you blew up the turbo it wouldn't boost? First I recall hearing that. Drinking oil and white smoke sound like 2 different things, coolant issue and blow by maybe. Compression test?
so the turbo blew up due to a tune mix e85 with 98 i got from stratified with the exhaust pops , i think the extra exhaust noise made the turbo die . and yes when the turbo died it didn't boost at all

but wouldn't my tuner see if theres something wrong on this test ?

I'm going to check the coolant now

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
so the turbo blew up due to a tune mix e85 with 98 i got from stratified with the exhaust pops , i think the extra exhaust noise made the turbo die . and yes when the turbo died it didn't boost at all

but wouldn't my tuner see if theres something wrong on this test ?

I'm going to check the coolant now
I don't know how the crackle and pop tune would hurt the turbo. It's just dumping a little extra fuel when you let off the gas so I don't see how that would cause that kind of damage. Running too lean might but that doesn't seem like your problem.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I don't know how the crackle and pop tune would hurt the turbo. It's just dumping a little extra fuel when you let off the gas so I don't see how that would cause that kind of damage. Running too lean might but that doesn't seem like your problem.
it blew up on the same day and i think its because we have different fuel system in Australia but have feeling its a ringlan should have a look at that

·
Registered
9,129 Posts
when compression testing, compression numbers should be around 149-155. Compression testing is very simple, and fast. A test will find out if you have an issue.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
it blew up on the same day and i think its because we have different fuel system in Australia but have feeling its a ringlan should have a look at that
I didn't know that the fuel system was different. That's interesting.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts