Ford Focus ST Forum banner

Help build my car audio set up with DSR1

3K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  1LoudST 
#1 ·
:big smile:

I know the DSR is not out yet but help me with my stereo build.

Two limiting factors ... money and self install.

First money lets try and keep the parts under $800.00 Total. I have some decent fab skills, I dont have the electrical back ground but have average solder skills.

DSR1 is $250.00

so now amp and speakers .. I will not need a Sub or enclosure.

I do not want a crazy ground shaker just clean sound with a little punch .. in the bass.

#2 · (Edited)
on top of the DSR-1, your going to need the Ford specific T harness. haven't heard yet if it will just use the same T harness the Maestro AR uses (thats my bet) or if it will have its own version. if it is the same as the AR, it will probably cost around $40
https://www.crutchfield.com/S-2fOaV3SBfJZ/p_794HARFO2/iDatalink-HRN-AR-FO2-Harness.html

so far
$800-$250-$40= $510

one of the best cheaper full system/5ch amps I've used is the pioneer GM-D9605, which can be found for as low as $200 shipped. tons of good clean power cheap.
Pioneer GM-D9605-5-Channel Class D Amplifier with Wired Bass Boost Remote NEW! | eBay

$510-200=$310

and at less than $150 a pair for speakers, the only thing good I like would be pioneer D series, which used to retail for near 200/pr but can often be found for under 100. very clear and detailed and a little on the bright side if you like that (which can be toned down on the DSR-1 if you dont)
https://www.amazon.com/Pioneer-TS-D1730C-Component-Speaker-Package/dp/B00SI4RGIY

$310-$93-$93=$124

and with the extra $124, you can put that toward a little sound deadening and cables and misc stuff for the install.

#3 ·
I like, I did look at the hertz stuff you posted in another thread just did not dig to deep to look up prices.

I have these in my basket ... ordered the dash cam and install kit, should have fun with that later today. Funny how I always looking for something to tinker on.

Text Font Blue Line Screenshot

#4 · (Edited)
I like, I did look at the hertz stuff you posted in another thread just did not dig to deep to look up prices.
that hertz build I did was awesome, but you'd really have to up the budget for them. I want to say the guy paid just under $400 for the components and just under $200 for the rear coaxial. I'm not a hertz/Audison dealer so I don't know exactly what he paid (and I didn't really ask him)

the week before we did that Hyundai, he had a guy bring in a Touareg and we installed the pioneer 5ch, two pair of those 6.75 TS-D along with a 10" kicker CVX in a sealed box he already had. biggest difference was that instead of using the OEM radio like we had to in the Hyundai, we used a Pioneer 4200NEX as the head unit and so we didn't have to do any work to repair the audio signal and its nice to use the built in Auto EQ and time alignment feature. the Touareg also was a lot better built car with super heavy door panels and didn't need top add any sound deadening and really sounded almost as good as the Hyundai (with a system costing 1/3 as much) I didn't spend a lot of time tuning the Hyundai yet, just a basic setup to get him going, he will be bringing it back in in a few weeks after everything is broken in and we will be spending a lot more time refining the set up with a few different presets for different kinds of music he listens to so I'm sure it will get even better.

Ive actually got another build starting this week in a 2006 GTO thats going to consist of a kenwood DDX774 (maybe a 773, not 100% sure which he got) as the head, that pioneer GM-D9605, a pair of TS-D 6.75 components for the front and a pair of TS-D coaxials for the back and a 10" L7 in a sealed box down in the spare tire well. this guy absolutely loves those TS-Ds, as we've put them in almost everything hes owned except for a couple of systems with kicker QS components. I know we put them in his Ram and his Spark but i though there was another one we did...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.