Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, so I recently sold my sub to a guy with a 2016 ST2 and everything installed fine. But for some reason when he is playing music while driving the hatch will open. Can't figure out why this would happen, used the passenger foot well fuse panel for the switched power on the LC2i but nothing that would affect the hatch system at all, tried F85 and F87 both allow the system to work but this problem makes no sense to me as I never had this issue in my 2013. Anyone have ideas? Need help ASAP.

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
either the vibrations are shaking the latch enough for it to pop open, the vibrations are shaking the switch enough for it to trigger, or his specific latch may have something out of alignment and is not fully seating and latching correctly.

the easiest way to test this is to take the rear panel off and do some testing, I would wire in a cut off switch so that flipping it will completely cut power to what its hooked up to. I would first start by putting it in line with the switch in the hatch itself. if it still pops open with the switch disconnecting the hatch switch, you can rule out the hatch switch. I would then wire it into the hatch release solenoid next and see if it will pop open with the solenoid completely cut of power, if it does, then it is not an electrical problem and it has to be a mechanical problem.

I used to have the same problem with my old Lincoln Mark VIII, any time it was turned up loud, the trunk would just pop open like clock work. after all the testing, it turned out to be a weak/faulty latch. replaced the latch and the problem went away.

PROTIP: don't just unplug the hatch switch or motor because then you wont be able to pop it back open if it does end up staying closed.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts