Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a quick question, I will be attending a friendsmas this Sunday in the ucla area and I know I've seen some hills there. Hence this post. Thank your for any help. . At what gear and what rev range would you go up a hill. Assuming you're stopped on a hill. Waiting for a light for example? Please and thank you. Also I will try to get out and practice on some hills before I go. Yes I am aware of the hill assist.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Welcome first of all! To start on a hill is just like starting normal but if you have the e-brake on and release it as the car feels like it wants to move. Thats the easiest way to not rollback /stall/roast tires until you get the hang of things. Once moving up hills any gear is fine just dont lug the engine, i like to keep rpm's north of 2k going up hills.

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Skip the e brake and use hill assist. After releasing the brake it will hold the car for a few seconds before releasing. Once you start moving it automatically releases. Check out the owners manual. First gear for starting up a hill but if driving along keep in an appropriate gear for the speed but don't want to bog it down. Downshift maybe required.

·
Premium Member
3,541 Posts
:welcome::focus-st-smilie:

·
Registered
162 Posts
I agree skip the E brake use the hill assist. Maybe try some smaller hills until your confident. We also! Learned like that before any hill assist.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts