Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I've been browsing the forum for a few months now, I decided to get a 2016 ST1 in Shadow Black a little before Labor Day. I commute 100 miles a day for work and ended up wearing down my beater Subaru, so I was looking for something to replace it. I was originally looking at a Fiesta ST but I liked the Focus better. The price difference between them was negligible, it didn't feel as cheap and had more usable space. I considered the RS, but I wouldn't pay a 10k markup for the one I saw at one of the local dealerships.

This is only the second new car I purchased, ironically the other one was a black hot hatch as well, Acura RSX type S. I'm still getting used to driving the car, but it seems like it should be fun. I haven't owned a turbo car since 2001, it's weird not having that instant throttle response from NA cars. I haven't really gotten a chance to take any pictures but I snapped one when I got it home. Ignore the floating M3 in the foreground.

·
Administrator
11,859 Posts
Hi,

I've been browsing the forum for a few months now, I decided to get a 2016 ST1 in Shadow Black a little before Labor Day. I commute 100 miles a day for work and ended up wearing down my beater Subaru, so I was looking for something to replace it. I was originally looking at a Fiesta ST but I liked the Focus better. The price difference between them was negligible, it didn't feel as cheap and had more usable space. I considered the RS, but I wouldn't pay a 10k markup for the one I saw at one of the local dealerships.

This is only the second new car I purchased, ironically the other one was a black hot hatch as well, Acura RSX type S. I'm still getting used to driving the car, but it seems like it should be fun. I haven't owned a turbo car since 2001, it's weird not having that instant throttle response from NA cars. I haven't really gotten a chance to take any pictures but I snapped one when I got it home. Ignore the floating M3 in the foreground.

Howdy neighbor!!

Welcome aboard!!

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,194 Posts
Ah, another FoST in PA that's over 3 hours from me...forever alone...

Haha welcome to the forum man

1 - 6 of 6 Posts