Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

My name is Matthew, known here as Luxury Auto Spa. I am the proud owner of a 2014 Ford Focus ST ST3 Tuxedo Black!

I love cars, heck, I work in the car world as a professional detailer - I am the owner of my own shop, and I have the privilege to detail and work on exotic cars year round (such as Lamborghini's, Ferrari's, Porsches, Bugatti's, etc). If it isn't against the Forums rules, I have my Instagram username in my signature so those that are interested could see the type of vehicles I work on!

A little about myself... I live in Montreal Canada, I am 26 years old, I am getting married in July, and I love for FOST!

I have owned my car since 2015, and to date I have had 0 issues with it. Last year I decided to spice things up a little bit and purchased a Borla cat-back exhaust and could not be more thrilled with the sound, the growls, and the pops and gurgles she makes. If anyone is curious about "drone", yes, despite what the website claims, there is some drone between 100-109 KM per hour, but nothing that can't be remedied by setting cruise control at 110.

Just yesterday I had purchased a COBB Accessport, and decided to have some fun with it. I tested out the Stage 1 87 OCT tune to burn through whatever 87 Octane I had remaining in the ST. To be honest with the exception of some increased throttle response in first gear (which could ultimately have been me really trying hard to notice something) I did not notice much of a difference, if any, as opposed to the stock tune. I then filled her up with 91 OCT, flashed to the proper tune, and I am pleased with my purchase. I actually find the stock tune of the ST to be rather nice, and was not expecting anything crazy from a Stage 1 tune with solely a Catback installed, but having a solid 22.5/23 PSI throughout my range is quite nice and put a smile on my face. The next upgrade I will be doing is adding a Downpipe to the ST, and then I will have the car tuned to a more precise map.

Aesthetically, my car looks awesome! I have wet sanded the ST to get rid of the majority of the orange peel, some areas responded nicely to 1500 grit, whereas other areas required me to be a little bit more aggressive with 1200 and 1000 grit paper. I refined my ST with 2000 grit, 3000 grit, and 5000 grit to get a nice and even surface. I then used my Rupes polisher, Meguiars cutting pad, and a mixture of Megs 105 and Menzernas FG400 to cut the paint. I followed that with Megs 205, and a Rupes Yellow pad to get a nice deep polish and refine whatever scratches were induced through compounding, and then finished off the car with Ceramic Pro Nano Polish with a Rupes White pad to prime the surface and get her ready for a ceramic coating. My vehicle is coated with 4 Layers of Ceramic Pro 9H, followed by a top coat layer of Ceramic Pro (CP) Light - this included doing my windows with CP Rain, my wheels/calipers/exhaust tips with CP Wheels & Calipers, and then moved on to my interior with CP Leather and CP textile for the carpets.

I am hoping to become a social member in this group and maybe even shine some light on those who have questions about anything detailing, I would love to be able to share my experiences, and give some tips and tricks on how to maintain your cars finish. Being in this industry I have tried, and continue sampling endless amounts of car washing tools, detailing tools, products, coatings, waxes, sealants, PPF, and more, and I would love to answer questions to help you make the right decision!

Ford Focus ST.jpg

Have a good one!

·
Registered
738 Posts
A warm welcome from the Netherlands, hope you will keep enjoying the car like you did upto now

·
Registered
407 Posts
Welcome! Nice shiny looking car! I'm sure you can help out here with your expertise. People love to debate which are the best detailing products!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts