Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I figured I would make a short introduction since I will be frequenting this site on a regular basis.....I am a car-aholic.

First off, this isn't my first rodeo with cars. My first ride (that I purchased myself) was a 2008 Tiburon SE. Before it got totaled it had I/H/E as well as crower cams running on a mail order tune from Next Gen Motorsports. Car dynoed at 190 whp on a heart breaker dyno. But those are just numbers. I am more about the smile it put on my face when driving spiritedly.....in Mexico....Well in 2014, after owning the car for 3.5 years, someone pulled out in front of me totaling it.

After looking for about a month I came across a 2000 Camaro SS SLP (A4). I was wanting another 6 spd but couldn't seem to find one that wasn't ragged out. Well this car had some little issues but noting to crazy. Well my dumb self put it in a guard rail but got that fixed......lesson learned. Now the car has a head/cam job with a stall and built 4L60E (let the 4L60 jokes fly). Car put down just shy of 400 to the tire with an unlocked stall. Truth be told, I was hoping for close to 425 with the set up but it is what it is. Car definitely screams and might be a tad to loud....however the wife doesn't mind so that is a win in my book.

Well, as stated before, I have been looking for a 6 spd for some time (daily driving a 2001 CRV, in the meantime) and stumbled across the ST at a local dealership. I had left work pissed that day and figure "why not" so I test drove it and fell in love with it. Brought the wife to the dealership the next day and she liked it as well. After talking it over a few days decided to pull the trigger and off we went. Aside from the leaking issue I have loved driving the car. Once the warranty runs out the mods will begin. This is also my first boosted car so I plan on learning a lot about its set up on here.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Welcome!

Like yourself, I recently acquired my Focus ST. I'm assuming you purchased yours new (judging by your reference to the warranty).

Although I visited several dealerships and originally considered buying a new one, I eventually opted to go with a 2014 with the ST3 package because it just seemed too good to pass up at the price (33k miles at $17,300).

It was also heavily modded, so it was even that much more of a deal. I'm just hoping the previous owner didn't beat the **** out of it during the 33k miles in which he owned it (but then again, why else would you mod the hell out of it).

Regardless, welcome aboard. ;-)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts