Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
A lot of you know me. Been a member for over two years, but not very active lately. Trying to get back in the game LOL!

I sold my FoST early this year and have been wanting to get back into a Focus.

Anyway, I recently purchased a car that I have wanted for a long time. It's a Sonic Blue 2002 Ford SVT Focus.

I traveled out of state to buy it from the original owner. The car is bone stock as far as the engine is concerned.

It rides on HR coilovers, 17" ASA wheels, and Pirelli P ZERO NERO tires.

He also added a BAER big brake kit and Borla catback exhaust.

As far as the exterior is concerned, he was going for a Rally Car look. He added an adjustable rear wing/spoiler and four lights on the front of the car.

I'm planning to remove the front lights, but I'm on the fence about the big spoiler. All opinions and comments are welcome!

Here are a few pics:
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Rim Hatchback
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Alloy wheel Hatchback
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Hatchback Sports car

EDIT: Forgot to mention that's the original paint. He took good care of this car. It does have a carbon fiber hood painted to match.
@Fuxalt

·
Super Moderator
10,075 Posts
I'd eliminate the lights, kind of on the fence about the wing. Congrats on the purchase; very nice looking car.

Reactions: COBBST

·
Premium Member
3,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'd eliminate the lights, kind of on the fence about the wing. Congrats on the purchase; very nice looking car.
Thank you! I'm with you on the lights. Kinda over the top IMO.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Like the car... minus the lights and the wing. Lights like that never looked right on a MK1 Focus to me. The wing kills some of the special SVT aspect of the car as it is really similar to the Saleen N2O wing (which was a different kind of special). There were also a bunch of regular MK1's running around with that wing. With the lights and the wing on the car, it looks more like a basic ZX3 that someone played with than an SVT.

·
Premium Member
3,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Like the car... minus the lights and the wing. Lights like that never looked right on a MK1 Focus to me. The wing kills some of the special SVT aspect of the car as it is really similar to the Saleen N2O wing (which was a different kind of special). There were also a bunch of regular MK1's running around with that wing. With the lights and the wing on the car, it looks more like a basic ZX3 that someone played with than an SVT.
Agreed. The lights will definitely be removed. I'll probably remove the wing, too. I've had the car for about a month and spent most of my free time making it California smog legal. He removed the catalytic converter and had an aftermarket cold air intake system. Fortunately, he saved the stock parts, so the cat went back on, as did the stock air box. It passed the California emissions test first time.

Reactions: UnfocusedST

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
How do you like driving it? I absolutely love my ST, but there are days that I wish I had kept my 2001 ZX3 (with the ST of course :)). Yes the ST is more refined. Yes the ST has more power. However, the size, weight, and feel on the ZX3 made it a blast to toss around. Mine was automatic car (so not an SVT). I upgraded it to the SVT interior and SVT suspension setup (FRPP used to sell it as a kit). Even on the FRPP suspension (less aggressive than your coilovers I am sure) it was a fun drive.

·
Registered
5,568 Posts
So let me get this straight. You had a 13 or 14 ST that mysteriously burned up or something right? Then got a 15 and now you got a 02 SVT? Man you change cars like crazy. Nice car however

·
Premium Member
3,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
How do you like driving it? I absolutely love my ST, but there are days that I wish I had kept my 2001 ZX3 (with the ST of course :)). Yes the ST is more refined. Yes the ST has more power. However, the size, weight, and feel on the ZX3 made it a blast to toss around. Mine was automatic car (so not an SVT). I upgraded it to the SVT interior and SVT suspension setup (FRPP used to sell it as a kit). Even on the FRPP suspension (less aggressive than your coilovers I am sure) it was a fun drive.
Driving it is a blast! It's a great car!

·
Premium Member
1,152 Posts
that SVT is sharp love the wing and SB

·
Registered
8,582 Posts
Welcome back Brother. Needs a turbo on the engine though ;). Lights should go. The wang is a little big for my taste but seeing as its already there I would keep it.

·
Premium Member
3,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Welcome back Brother. Needs a turbo on the engine though ;). Lights should go. The wang is a little big for my taste but seeing as its already there I would keep it.
Thank you! I may tackle removing the lights today. They're definitely going to be removed. The wing is a bit over the top for my taste, but not sure about whether or not to remove it yet.

·
Premium Member
3,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

·
Registered
570 Posts
Nice to see you back! Although I'm rarely on anymore either. I still get in my car and love the dead pedal though!

The car looks nice and clean. The spoiler and lights aren't my thing, but looks like the previous owner took pride and care of it. So you can't argue with that. I probably would end up removing them, but I would roll with them for a bit in hopes the style may grow on me. Good luck with it.

·
Premium Member
3,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Nice to see you back! Although I'm rarely on anymore either. I still get in my car and love the dead pedal though!

The car looks nice and clean. The spoiler and lights aren't my thing, but looks like the previous owner took pride and care of it. So you can't argue with that. I probably would end up removing them, but I would roll with them for a bit in hopes the style may grow on me. Good luck with it.
Thanks! The lights are definitely not my thing either and I'm on the fence about the big spoiler.

I started removing the front lights yesterday because the weather here was somewhat cooperative.

·
Banned
7,049 Posts
A lot of you know me. Been a member for over two years, but not very active lately. Trying to get back in the game LOL!

I sold my FoST early this year and have been wanting to get back into a Focus.

Anyway, I recently purchased a car that I have wanted for a long time. It's a Sonic Blue 2002 Ford SVT Focus.

I traveled out of state to buy it from the original owner. The car is bone stock as far as the engine is concerned.

It rides on HR coilovers, 17" ASA wheels, and Pirelli P ZERO NERO tires.

He also added a BAER big brake kit and Borla catback exhaust.

As far as the exterior is concerned, he was going for a Rally Car look. He added an adjustable rear wing/spoiler and four lights on the front of the car.

I'm planning to remove the front lights, but I'm on the fence about the big spoiler. All opinions and comments are welcome!

Here are a few pics:
View attachment 189545
View attachment 189553
View attachment 189561

EDIT: Forgot to mention that's the original paint. He took good care of this car. It does have a carbon fiber hood painted to match.
@Fuxalt
welcome back stranger!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts