Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At the lowest position, how high is the front of the driver seat? And if possible, how high is the back?

Is it possible to buy say Titanium or ST1 seats from Ford? Or are there new aftermarket seats avail for the FoST?

·
Registered
825 Posts
Ford is not going to sell you seats not identical to the ones in the car.
Dealers cannot change the seats for you, nor order other seats knowing they will be put in the wrong car.
You can buy junkyard seats, or find some other person with the seats you want, who wants your seats..
But then the airbag light will make you crazy unless you find someone NOT a dealer to screw around to get the
seat airbags to work in your car.
And later on, when you want to sell that car, the dealer will not want it at all. Since it is illegally modified.
(legal maybe for you, not legal for him to sell an altered car. Though I do not know if this is just Ford? or the general laws.

Usually any mods on a car are frowned on at trade in time. And different seats would be a real trade in value killer mod.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Who says you can't buy seats that are not for your car? Get a vin for a car with st3 recaro's or a titanium st with the seats you want and give that to the parts department. You don't have to prove you own that specific car. OP do as you wish.

Do you want that height measured of st1 or st3 seats?

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,194 Posts
Who says you can't buy seats that are not for your car? Get a vin for a car with st3 recaro's or a titanium st with the seats you want and give that to the parts department. You don't have to prove you own that specific car. OP do as you wish.

Do you want that height measured of st1 or st3 seats?
Yeah Chronos is right, @E.E. Ford cares about one thing, money. They give 0 hoots what you're doing with the parts. You can tell them "Hey can I buy these $1000 seats to catch them on fire when I leave?" And they'd sell them to you because they made $1000 off of it. OP, if you go into Ford asking for the specific VIN of the ones you want they will have them there in a week.

·
Registered
331 Posts
The problem with buying any seats from Ford is that they are only sold in pieces and not the whole assembly. You would literally have to buy every piece separate and build the seat yourself. I work at a parts department so I know this is true. Best bet is finding a good set from a junkyard or another member on here.

·
Registered
220 Posts
The problem with buying any seats from Ford is that they are only sold in pieces and not the whole assembly. You would literally have to buy every piece separate and build the seat yourself. I work at a parts department so I know this is true. Best bet is finding a good set from a junkyard or another member on here.
StraightNasty is correct as well. Lots of members here are either switching from ST3 seats or to ST3 seats. Guaranteed you could find a set you need easily on the For Sale section.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts