Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased this kit from Mountune USA:
COBB ACCESSPORT V3 ECU FLASHER FORD FOCUS ST 2013-2017 B3 PACKAGE https://www.mountuneusa.com/mountune-Focus-ST-B3-Upgrade-package-p/ap3-for-001b3.htm

I also had them install it just to make sure it was done correctly. Afterwards, when I accelerate in gear, I hear a noise that sounds like my tires are doing burnouts. I called them about it, and they said it was normal. I looked for videos of it with other people that had the upgrade done, but I can't find anyone with this issue. Can you guys help me out? Video wit the noise below:

I really would like to get rid of the noise. It turns heads in the wrong way...

·
Registered
162 Posts
I can barely hear the sound in the video. Might be the added induction noise from the open ended filter? Maybe try swapping your stock filter back in and see if the noise is still there.

·
Premium Member
3,725 Posts
I agree, can't really identify the sound. I'm running $250 V-Moda headphones and a FIIO DAC. Maybe you have a boost leak or something, or possibly the Sound Symposer is acting weird with the tune.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
you hear it more at )0:17-00:27 and 00:38-00:43. sorry for the quality. It is hard to record it while driving so I am using my Car DVR.

·
Registered
530 Posts
I hear a noise from 0:38-0:43, but it's not squealing, that's just turbo induction noise

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I hear a noise from 0:38-0:43, but it's not squealing, that's just turbo induction noise
OK, Thanks for the input guys. It was weird hearing it sound like I am always doing a burn out when I accelerate. I guess I am just being paranoid. I bought a Green filter before, and I never heard that noise before until I upgraded to the Mountune kit. Once again, Thanks!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts