Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everyone,

I actually just made an account just to ask this question...I purchased the Active Shift Designs pedal spacer a long time ago, but found it put the accelerator pedal WAY too high, such that during medium to hard braking the brake pedal would be too far below the accelerator pedal to heal-and-toe properly. I don't know if they did much testing for the pedal spacer, but it's awful. Does anyone know if there is a pedal spacer that is about half the thickness? They all seem to be around the same thickness unfortunately and I'm starting to think the only solution is to make my own out of wood or something.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm coming from a Civic Si, which had a perfect pedal setup for heal-and-toeing and I miss being able to do it.

Cheers,

Paul

·
Registered
313 Posts
Hey Everyone,

I actually just made an account just to ask this question...I purchased the Active Shift Designs pedal spacer a long time ago, but found it put the accelerator pedal WAY too high, such that during medium to hard braking the brake pedal would be too far below the accelerator pedal to heal-and-toe properly. I don't know if they did much testing for the pedal spacer, but it's awful. Does anyone know if there is a pedal spacer that is about half the thickness? They all seem to be around the same thickness unfortunately and I'm starting to think the only solution is to make my own out of wood or something.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm coming from a Civic Si, which had a perfect pedal setup for heal-and-toeing and I miss being able to do it.

Cheers,

Paul
I don't have this one but I've read it works better: https://yourlittlecncshop.com/products/2016-2017-ford-focus-rs-gas-pedal-spacer

It's only about 1/4 as thick, though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
If you're resourceful, why not just cut down the spacer? Its ABS plastic. Probably just use a bandsaw or grind it down with a belt sander.

·
Registered
152 Posts
That RS spacer seems perfect; wish it wasn't 75 Canadian dollars :(

This video helped me out a lot, but that RS spacer would just add more comfort for when I am wearing slim shoes

·
Registered
321 Posts
I have the GarageLine one and might well have to change it out for this one as I find mine is too tall also

Me too.
I like how you can shift pedal location with the garageline... But it is too high.
OTOH if you do not like it think 1/4" will be enough, you could always shim it.
The garageline unit looks to be a major pain to try and mill down though.

I also happen to feel that if the accelerator pedal extended further towards the floor, that would help tremendously... To bad it doesn't pivot off the floor...

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
13,912 Posts
Pretty certain. Another member here originally posted about it. I also think @UnfocusedST has one IIRC

Yes I have one. I like it better than the garageline for rev matching. I found with the garageline that the gas pedal is too high when your on the brakes. For daily driving it's okay. For spirited driving it just didn't work for me.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Pretty certain. Another member here originally posted about it. I also think @UnfocusedST has one IIRC

Yes I have one. I like it better than the garageline for rev matching. I found with the garageline that the gas pedal is too high when your on the brakes. For daily driving it's okay. For spirited driving it just didn't work for me.
Sweet so it didn't have an fitment issues?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
So I finally put the thing on but I still can't heal toe for the life of me. The pedal is just too far over. Ford really ****ed up the pedals on this car. It's such a simple thing to design, yet they ****ed it up. Absolute garbage. Pardon my venting...lol Anyone know of a solution for moving the gas pedal over closer to the brake? I miss heal toeing so much, it's one of my favourite parts of driving a manual car. I'm actually considering just bolding a block of wood onto the pedal lol

1 - 20 of 27 Posts