Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, so I read through the entire thread "New lights for my ST1, Eagle Eyes projector type with LED light bar" and I am trying to figure something out, I found the same headlights available at protuninglab and I know the ones listed in the thread were purchased off ebay.

The questions I have are:
1) The kit from protuninglab seems to come with an HID kit...which makes me worried it will be really crappy, but I can't tell for certain if it does come with an HID kit as well or if it just comes with halogens and the picture is misleading. Can anyone confirm or deny if it comes with one and a statement on its quality?
2) What do I need to install these headlights? I know some people needed harnesses/cancellors/resistor packs, but I never saw anyone list the exact stuff they used. Would anyone be able to list some that they used, or know where used so that if I need to get them I know kinda where to go?
3) Also do I have to cut the connectors of the harness or is the wiring pretty simple? I am electrically inclined, but I just want to know what I am getting myself into before hand, as I don't want to prevent myself from going back to stock if I ever needed to.

I have never done headlights and as this is my daily and I need to drive at night everyday, I would rather not have to reinstall stockers while I try and trouble shoot every night by reinstalling and repeating.

·
Registered
423 Posts
based on the description, it says they are pre-installed with an HID kit. and they are plug and play, the only problem is I can't see if they will have a resistor installed to remove the fault lamp error. Might be worth asking about, but this is a good find, I may buy these too.

Edit: I see you can add a relay harness, I don't know a lot about lighting but I think that would be for the fault error. Can anyone confirm that?

·
Registered
979 Posts
I am very interested in this product as well, as it's the only option I find attractive. If it really is plug and play I'll be all over it, get them clearcoated
and installed, my ST1 lights are deteriorating.

·
Registered
20 Posts
You can eliminate the need for resistors and probably the harness by using the Forscan and the Focccus PC app as-built editor to change the BCM settings to "Alternative HID" and another to "without dimmed dipped headlights". You can do other cool things like global windows, fogs on with high beams, and my favorite...removing the stupid double honk.

http://www.focusst.org/forum/focus-st-electronics/20866-focccus-pc-app-built-editor-all-around-reprogrammer.html
http://www.focusst.org/forum/focus-st-electronics/22286-focccus-central-configuration-utility.html

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
@JLude I just realized they have two separate listing for this exact headlight, with and without the HID, I clicked on the links many times, and only read the description of the non HID set, and later saw the pictures of the HID set, which lead to my confusion. Thanks for pointing that out though. ;P

@JoshCrane1 This is one of the reasons I want to get these, a lot of the clear on my stock headlights has pealed off. Plus these look really nice, and are a bargain.

@GooseEye So would you recommend going with the HID set and using the Focccus app instead of going with a retrofit source H7 HID kit with a canbus harness? Obviously the Focccus route is about $100 cheaper, but I don't know the quality of the included HID kit at all, or if it will not have issues beyond the Focccus fix route.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts