Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have A Focus ST 2015. Can someone please tell me how to disable the "headlights-on-buzzer". It's so annoying...

Regards,
B

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
289 Posts
Make sure it is on auto... And it won't do that. Only does it if you force on.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
878 Posts
1) Why are you leaving you lights on when getting out of the car, 2) if you are doing it on purpose and for some reason, what does it matter, you are outside of the car, and D) it's a reminder for you to turn your lights off when you get out of the car so you don't run the battery down.

I doubt there is a way to disable, as I'm pretty sure every car ever made for at least the last quarter century has this feature. To each their own, this one make less sense to me than people trying to disable the fasten seat belt alert

·
Registered
81 Posts
I have a 2013 and it used to do this. When I had the headlamp fault they updated the BCM software and probably other software and then it didn't do the buzzer. Since the 2013 does not have DRL, I tend to keep headlight in ON position rather than auto.

So basically get your software updated.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I've turned off all the "chimes" in on the steering console. It still sounds when I open the door when the car is off.

The lights turn off when I lock the car. I prefer to leave the lights on... Where can I remove a fuse or cut a wire?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
1) Why are you leaving you lights on when getting out of the car, 2) if you are doing it on purpose and for some reason, what does it matter, you are outside of the car, and D) it's a reminder for you to turn your lights off when you get out of the car so you don't run the battery down.

I doubt there is a way to disable, as I'm pretty sure every car ever made for at least the last quarter century has this feature. To each their own, this one make less sense to me than people trying to disable the fasten seat belt alert
When I leave a well lit parking garage, I tend to forget to tun on the lights and get reminded by other motorists... I'd like to leave them on because they turn off when I lock the car...

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I have a 2013 and it used to do this. When I had the headlamp fault they updated the BCM software and probably other software and then it didn't do the buzzer. Since the 2013 does not have DRL, I tend to keep headlight in ON position rather than auto.

So basically get your software updated.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
No software updates in this useless country I live in... Was told by Ford

·
Registered
289 Posts
There is no auto on.

Of course there is! Unless it is just a US thing... I have the 2015 ST1 and have it.
Where is your car from?
Turn the slider all the way to the right.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Of course there is! Unless it is just a US thing... I have the 2015 ST1 and have it.
Where is your car from?
Turn the slider all the way to the right.

It is turned all the way. No auto. That is full on. From South Africa. Europe imported

·
Registered
289 Posts
It is turned all the way. No auto. That is full on. From South Africa. Europe imported

Well that's crap! Demand a refund!!!! :)
Such a simple feature I'm shocked it isn't world wide. And sorry for implying false hope!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well that's crap! Demand a refund!!!! :)
Such a simple feature I'm shocked it isn't world wide. And sorry for implying false hope!

What is this "auto" supposed to do?

·
Registered
289 Posts
What is this "auto" supposed to do?

It turns the lights on automatically at dusk or inclement weather... And turns off at full daylight. It's brilliant! And I wouldn't buy a car without it. (Yes, first world problems... But it is awesome)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
It turns the lights on automatically at dusk or inclement weather... And turns off at full daylight. It's brilliant! And I wouldn't buy a car without it. (Yes, first world problems... But it is awesome)

LMAO. No ****ing chance of that. My car has on and off... I hated this car from day one... Why does the chimes setting "as listed in the manual" not even turn it off?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts