Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I've already searched everything I possible could to my patience. I lowered my 2016 st1 and the headlights are lower then before and I'm trying to adjust them. Everywhere I looked everyone says there's an adjustment nut but everything's about the st3. Nothing on st1. I don't see an adjustment nut anywhere. Am I not looking in the right place cause it's definitely harder to see at night.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
24 Posts
Ok so I've already searched everything I possible could to my patience. I lowered my 2016 st1 and the headlights are lower then before and I'm trying to adjust them. Everywhere I looked everyone says there's an adjustment nut but everything's about the st3. Nothing on st1. I don't see an adjustment nut anywhere. Am I not looking in the right place cause it's definitely harder to see at night.

Try your owners manual?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

·
Registered
24 Posts

It's not a nut, it's an Alan key.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

·
Registered
558 Posts

I'm speaking from ST3 experience here, but it is a white Allen recess that is on the back of the headlight, facing up. You have to be almost directly above it to see it. IIRC, it an unusual size - at least one that wasn't in the Allen key pack I've been using for years - 7mm maybe? I had to buy another pack to get that size. My Allen key that fit my ratcheting wrench was too big to fit in the recess.

As mentioned above, surprisingly enough, I do believe it is mentioned in the owner's manual.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts