Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heloo, 2 days ago i recived error on my screen, as the title says it was "Headlamp malfunction, service required". I saw that there is already simmilar thread but not answere by anyone so i ll try my luck :). Im driving 2017 Focus ST3 with HID headlights. I noticed that my passenger side headlight cant adjust itself. Lights are working fine, the right one is pointed a bit to the right and down. Left one is adjusting as before. Only problem that is noticable with this error, for me, is malfuction of right full beam which I assume that is "safety feature" for avoiding potentionally blinding light for other drivers due to wrong lamp position.
I checked fuses, disconnected lights an put some contact spray, restarted car (battery disconnect) and nothing helps. Also i booked appointment with my dealer but i have to wait because of holidays.
If someone has some addvice, that would be much appriciated. Here is a short video link of my issue. Focus ST3 bixenon

·
Registered
73 Posts
Double post from another topic :

Because the projector inside the headlight is constantly moving the wires tend to break, causing issues like this and in the end it fails completely. Check the wires connected to the the switch board of the projector.

Seeing you are from the Netherlands, there is also a topic on this issue on Focusclub.nl with pictures of the issue

·
Registered
73 Posts
I'm sorry, I missed that emblem in the center .. Well anyway, you could still benefit from those picture and/or use Google translate. Keep us updated on the outcome. I also have a Focus with OEM HID and it actually came with a extra set headlights as the previous once had failed (and fixed) due to breaking wires

1 - 6 of 6 Posts