Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
15 TB Focus ST3
782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There's a white cover on a panel on my c pillar interior; othersides cover is black as expected.

How the f did I miss this lol; is anyone else like this? Bizarre.

Motor vehicle Plant Automotive lighting Automotive mirror Automotive design

• Wow
Reactions: MtnMan

·
Registered
15 TB Focus ST3
782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No way man. 2nd owner?
I bought it with 5k on the clock from a private party, they had extended warranty, no mods, and was an older woman.

Couldn't imagine the prior owner touching it.

·
Registered
885 Posts
There's a white cover on a panel on my c pillar interior; othersides cover is black as expected.

How the f did I miss this lol; is anyone else like this? Bizarre.
wild guess... someone was working on it and lost/broke the original and all they could find at the boneyard was one from a non-matching interior and were too sloppy to care

·
Registered
15 TB Focus ST3
782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
wild guess... someone was working on it and lost/broke the original and all they could find at the boneyard was one from a non-matching interior and were too sloppy to care
No service records first owner had only till 4975. I've only worked on her since my ownership. But I mean only realistic answer, really.

·
Premium Member
1,506 Posts
The N/A cars all had light pillar covers and headliners

Reactions: gemery and MtnMan

·
Registered
2016 ST2, Shadow Black, E30, MonsterFMIC, GFB DVX+ BPV, ALEX' ShiftBushings, PCV-OCC, Innovative RMM
2,753 Posts
I work in a Ford emissions test lab and I see dev cars with "raw" looking interior parts like this all the time lol.
Maybe OP got a dev option where they were trying popup washers for the backseat occupants instead of oh s*** handles?! 😛😁

·
Registered
15 TB Focus ST3
782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Maybe OP got a dev option where they were trying popup washers for the backseat occupants instead of oh s*** handles?! 😛😁
Rear seat bidets!

·
Registered
2015 Focus ST
108 Posts
Probably a factory defect. Mine came with one ST rear seat and one SE rear seat. Totally noticeable because they were two different colors/patterns.

• Wow
Reactions: MtnMan

·
Registered
15 TB Focus ST3
782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
That white cover can be popped out. Don't know what a black one would cost from Ford. Maybe free from a salvage yard? Or as suggested above, paint it yourself.
Oh ya for sure, I'm fond of interior body panel removal, just thought it was the oddest thing, I'm pretty ocd. Gf was shocked I've missed it entire car ownership.

·
Super Moderator
11,498 Posts
Oh ya for sure, I'm fond of interior body panel removal, just thought it was the oddest thing, I'm pretty ocd. Gf was shocked I've missed it entire car ownership.
Was she really shocked? Or was it just a really good act to cover the fact that she switched out the black piece for the white one, just to see how long it took you to notice. May have only been there minutes...who knows for sure? 🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
15 TB Focus ST3
782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Was she really shocked? Or was it just a really good act to cover the fact that she switched out the black piece for the white one, just to see how long it took you to notice. May have only been there minutes...who knows for sure? 🤷‍♂️
She quickly resorted to "someone is screwing with you"

Reactions: ddfred
1 - 20 of 20 Posts