Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My ST ownership has been awesome with everyone around me getting one and being nothing but smiles.

Co-worker has an aunt and a cousin who have an ST.
Another co-worker just got a 2017 ST (I drove him in mine and it seemed to sell him on it)
One got a 2017 Focus RS
One has a Stage 3 2013 Focus ST
And then my PB 2014 Focus ST
One might be selling their money pit WRX and getting one. I'm putting the pressure on him. LOL

Hell yeah, this is what it's all about.

·
Registered
62 Posts
My sister liked my '14 ST3 so much she bought a '15 the following year. After spending the bulk of its early life at the dealership for a persistent stalling, sputtering, and bucking problem, which remained unresolved, she filed a lemon law case. A year-and-a-half later, she finally got out of the car, and was awarded almost enough to cover her attorney fees.

So that went well. :doh:

·
Registered
56 Posts
My ST ownership has been awesome with everyone around me getting one and being nothing but smiles.

Another co-worker just got a 2017 ST (I drove him in mine and it seemed to sell him on it)
One got a 2017 Focus RS
One might be selling their money pit WRX and getting one. I'm putting the pressure on him. LOL

Looks like you are the direct reason I am seeing more and STs around Edmonton. Cut it out, I like having a niche car haha.

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
My son went to get an ST when his Jeep's rear end failed earlier this month...but then when he looked at insurance rates (he's 22) he reluctantly, and very stompy-footingly changed his mind.
A cycling/Jeep buddy of mine's step kid got one in January.
The above dad wants one. He's a former WRXer, got ride of the WRX when he got his Jeep, wants an ST now. He's seeing how things look after Easter Jeep in Moab to decide...
I'm certain there will be others...can't beat the bang for the buck!

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,200 Posts

One got a 2017 Focus RS

You're still doing it wrong!! Because they aren't on the forum! Get em on here! I guarantee they will learn some sh*t and get to modding if they haven't.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You're still doing it wrong!! Because they aren't on the forum! Get em on here! I guarantee they will learn some sh*t and get to modding if they haven't.
Yeah I gotta rally them to join. I directed the RS coworker to focusrs.org which he is using and I rock a focusst.org sticker to represent.

The other ones I don't think are die-hard to regularly post here, but they will use it as a resource. I also directed them to our local Edmonton (780) Focus & Fiesta club on Facebook.

Looks like you are the direct reason I am seeing more and STs around Edmonton. Cut it out, I like having a niche car haha.
I'd say the cars sell themselves with what they give for the money. I guess everyone is tired of the used Subaru market bubble going on, and they see ST as the best bang for the buck even though they would love a muscle car, they wanted a very fun well rounded car for the money. Very easy to get good deals on them here as well due to more demand for AWD/SUV/Pick Ups and people here loving their debt. All the other FWD "fun" cars just don't offer as much unless GTI, but all those guys didn't even bother to cross shop with a VW because part of our job has been dealing with the Dieselgate scandal cars and by this point we are sick of them and easily 20+ of us will never buy VW ever. Plus we know the ownership costs are higher, and the German stuff that comes through our work just seem like headaches on wheels. In fact one went from a 2011 328i XDrive because it was having too many problems and the dealer messed up big time fixing it. Says the ST was actually a step up LOL and I agree, BMW interiors have never wowed me, until the current 7 series came out.

Considering a lot of top trim econobox FWD cars with not even 140hp here look to MSRP from 25-30k...for barely any difference you can get in an ST.

Also forgot to mention, another co-worker has a Lancer he got for 30k. I've known him for a year now and he always wishes he had known about the Fo'ST at the time. I feel for him, but he's over it now. lol

·
Registered
229 Posts
To answer the question of the OP:

Got a buddy about to sell his troublesome money pit Mazdaspeed 3 for a Focus ST
Got another buddy about to sell his always blown up Subaru for a Focus ST
Another friend was trying to trade in his Mini for a Fiesta ST before it blew up

I've got too many friends who blow up their cars, makes me a bit scared.

But that being said, I've only actually managed to convince one person to buy an ST, and he got the Fiesta and loves it. I wish I could convince more people that this car is faster, more fun, practical and reliable than Subarus. All my friends keep going over to that crowd and I don't understand it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts