Ford Focus ST Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Coming from the right side rear end tire area I think. It isn't all the time but noticed it this morning pretty bad on my way to work. It's like a knocking sound that gets worse on acceleration then can't really hear it at like 60 but you know it's definitely still there. I have a short vid I can post but you can't really hear it well in it from my cellphone. Anyone else have this or experience it before? It's like the 3rd time hearing it I though it was the wheel bearing or something?
OK, now I've experienced something similar to this, and it took me ages to try and describe the sound but "thump thump thump thump" perfectly described what I was hearing, and the location. It turn out that I needed to replace my back tyres and yes it stopped straight away once the new tyres were on.
they're brand new already hahah only 10k miles on them

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I have a bent rim that makes that sound, could be that
no buldges that I can see and I don't think it's bent and it's been quiet ever since that day. Hopefully it stays this way for a while

·
Registered
1 Posts
Coming from the right side rear end tire area I think. It isn't all the time but noticed it this morning pretty bad on my way to work. It's like a knocking sound that gets worse on acceleration then can't really hear it at like 60 but you know it's definitely still there. I have a short vid I can post but you can't really hear it well in it from my cellphone. Anyone else have this or experience it before? It's like the 3rd time hearing it I though it was the wheel bearing or something?
It’s happened to me a couple of times and it was a pebble/brake rotor related.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts
About this Discussion
24 Replies
12 Participants
FresnoST
Ford Focus ST Forum
We’re the premiere Ford Focus ST forum with discussions on the 2013+ Focus ST. Join the community and see the latest news, photos, videos, classifieds, reviews, events and more!
Full Forum Listing