Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
You could try to find one in a boneyard. But really for $100 you might just want to bite the bullet.

·
Registered
407 Posts
I just did some digging and I couldn't find one any cheaper than the ebay one you found, honestly, $100 doesn't seem that bad for that.

If you really want one cheaper I'd say keep an eye out on various ford and focus forums because I've seen them up for sale because some people don't want them.
Also, as jetmech stated, check out local Pick-n-Pulls/U-Pull-Its/Pull-a-Part/Whatever they're called where you live scrap yards. Usually you can search online inventory and if they have a similar vehicle then go check it out, probably would cost no more than $10 there.

·
Registered
43 Posts
mine also didnt come with one and i have been looking for one as well. That seems to be about the going price for one. I keep saying I want one but then i realize thats 100 bucks towards an intercooler or WMI.

Question about this piece actually.

Do people use it alot?

Is is more of a privacy thing? Cause my tints do a good job at that.

I load things up in the hatch and feel like it would get in the way.

Do people have to take it out sometimes to fit larger items?

·
Registered
407 Posts
Question about this piece actually.

Do people use it alot?

Is is more of a privacy thing? Cause my tints do a good job at that.

I load things up in the hatch and feel like it would get in the way.

Do people have to take it out sometimes to fit larger items?
I rarely use mine to put stuff on but I still like it for the option of having it when I need it. But yeah it's more for privacy for me.

and yes I have had to take it out for larger things, usually Ill just put it up behind the front seats or even if the passenger seat if I need that much more room back there.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think they're good for privacy (like girlfriend wants a covered place to put her purse), and it should make the interior a bit quieter too. I noticed a noise difference when I took the cargo cover out on my last car.

Will investigate junkyards. We used to have some great ones around here but they have gone downhill with safety regulations and internet sales.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Ya you prob don’t even need to find a junked ST. I’d think that any 4dr Focus would work. It is a nice piece to have.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Maybe starting a WTB thread in the "Parts Wanted" marketplace section would help save a few bucks, if you can wait for someone local to reply. I know I'd be tempted to get rid of mine for a few bucks if you actually were in my area.

I'm basically keeping it for the day I'll be selling the car, by then I may keep it as a shelf which is what its currently being used for!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Maybe starting a WTB thread in the "Parts Wanted" marketplace section would help save a few bucks, if you can wait for someone local to reply. I know I'd be tempted to get rid of mine for a few bucks if you actually were in my area.
Good idea, I hadn't scrolled down that far.

Yeah you're a bit far away it seems!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Good idea, I hadn't scrolled down that far.

Yeah you're a bit far away it seems!
Definately too far for local pickup! And at 100$ from eBay would be cheaper than shipping mine over the border! I actually use mine as a shelf, it fits perfectly inside my Thule roof basket which is held to the ceiling by two straps, then the cover holds all my roof rack accessories!

·
Registered
704 Posts
Any Focus cover would work. My 2012 SE had the same cover except a minor change to the ends of the string clips that doesn't matter. Keep in mind that every unique part costs a manufacturer money to design, prototype, set up for, manufacture/sub out, include in the supply chain, stock of spares, etc. so it is in their interest to have as many parts common as possible.

I use my cover all the time to hide telecommunications equipment, tools, etc. and some sites I work are places where it's smart policy to not even leave redeemable bottles in visible site in the interior (Three murders at one site and several more within a few blocks around it and a would-be terrorist shot by the FBI in the parking lot of another site. At the first murder site, there used to be a drug dealer who would drive by in his Corvette or Maserati to get the attention of the zombies, then a minivan would pull up and dispense their candy to them. My usual parking spot is within several car lengths of this, so yeah, the cargo cover is nice to have.).

·
Registered
8 Posts
So I have a similar problem. I bought mine and one of the two strings is broken, anyone know of any where that is selling just the string?

·
Registered
3,298 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
I wish they made a retractable one like on my wrx. Getting my hockey bag in the car and sticks put in while the trunk has to be half closed is a serious PITA.

·
Registered
67 Posts
That's the exact same reason why I took mine out the first day I got my car! And when I need to put two bags in there they definately wont fit with the cover in place!

·
Registered
72 Posts
OP...If you ever are in MoCo, MD you can have mine (IDK what a fair price for one of these is as I do not see them pop up for sale much). I took it out the day I bought the car since I have two dogs as well as baby strollers that are too large. It is currently sitting in the corner of my attic.

EDIT: I have a 2016, unsure if that means anything as far as fitment.

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
1 - 20 of 23 Posts