Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking of getting the CNT to replace my Mountune. But then got to thinking 3" exhaust again, as I plan to go BT next spring. Both CP-e systems look good, but the sound clips on their website really don't sound any different from one to the other. Curious if anyone has heard either the "Race" or "Stealth" systems?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Here is mine with a catless downpipe. I am using an Rode VideoMicro microphone to capture the audio instead of the built-in gopro mic.

Sent from another galaxy.
Dang! That sounds good. What does that system run for money wise with the CDP?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
13,883 Posts
Dang! That sounds good. What does that system run for money wise with the CDP?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's around a $1500 system with all cp-e parts. Excellent built quality. If anyone is interested and will be at Focus Fest (Cordova, IL) the 1st of September I will gladly give rides in the car so you can hear it in person.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Well built good looking,i have a cobb drowning on highway that's the problems with most of the lo

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
stay with the montune if you don

My biggest gripe with the Mountune is that when the radio is on any level above a whisper, I can't hear the damn thing (the exhaust that is)! I like use engine/induction noise for my shift points, and when rolling up to a stop sign or intersection I sometimes come close to stalling.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Steda clutch assists spring has a better clutch feel the ford stock one gives you poor clutch feel.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have a mbrp cat back on mine, it's not crazy loud but gets droney on the highway. I like it not to loud, that way I can here my turbo when I accelerate.

·
Registered
440 Posts
I have a mbrp cat back on mine, it's not crazy loud but gets droney on the highway. I like it not to loud, that way I can here my turbo when I accelerate.
I also have the MBRP (t304) system on my ST, and really like the sound of it.

Mine is probably a bit louder than yours though... I have a catless DP installed too, but still doesn’t drone at highway speeds.

Sent from a galaxy far, far away...

·
Premium Member
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I had the MBRP XP system before the Mountune. The MBRP was too boomy for my liking.

·
Premium Member
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Holy crap did I screw this one up! The thread title should have read. "Has anyone heard either of the FSWerks catback systems in person?"
I forgot to take my brain meds this morning!!!:doh:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts