·
Premium Member
1,055 Posts
That is good... how did it happened?

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,198 Posts
Ouch, that hurt me to look at. Hope you and all those involved are okay man! A sad day :(

·
Registered
181 Posts
Tree looks like it will be fine, maybe just a few scars. ;) Hope you heal up well, and that everything works out. :)

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,198 Posts
To say that I was impressed by the safety of the car is an understatement
There has not been a single one of these sad accident posts on this forum so far where I didn't think "Damn, our car is so safe." Seriously Ford nailed the most important aspect of the car. I reiterate every time that I am fully comfortable carrying friends and family in this car knowing it will do a lot to save us in the worst case scenario.

Edit: Let me guess, when you came to you looked around and thought "wow...I'm good." Airbag deflated in your face and beside your head and right knee burning from the knee airbag, right? Stereo probably was playing the 911 emergency screen I'm sure.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
There has not been a single one of these sad accident posts on this forum so far where I didn't think "Damn, our car is so safe." Seriously Ford nailed the most important aspect of the car. I reiterate every time that I am fully comfortable carrying friends and family in this car knowing it will do a lot to save us in the worst case scenario.

Edit: Let me guess, when you came to you looked around and thought "wow...I'm good." Airbag deflated in your face and beside your head and right knee burning from the knee airbag, right? Stereo probably was playing the 911 emergency screen I'm sure.
Almost spot on. Right shin got burnt by the airbag (that and the seat belt hurt pretty bad)

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,198 Posts
Almost spot on. Right shin got burnt by the airbag (that and the seat belt hurt pretty bad)
From what I hear the knee airbag is a killer on your right leg lol people have hit a raccoon hard enough to blow it and it busted up their knee.

·
Registered
9,129 Posts
Glad your ok. Hope there were no drugs, or alcohol involved, glad no one was hurt while you were on your way to the tree.
Please drive more carefully next time. :kiss:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Happened almost 2 months ago (wanted to wait on insurance stuff to pan out) and the airbag actually left a couple of scars on the shin. I assume it has to do with seating position because it is a little more upright than most cars.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Happened almost 2 months ago (wanted to wait on insurance stuff to pan out) and the airbag actually left a couple of scars on the shin. I assume it has to do with seating position because it is a little more upright than most cars.
I assume you were wearing shorts right?

·
Registered
80 Posts
ATGATT

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I meannnn, if he was wearing pants that would be crazy if that airbag is that powerful. I have only had them deploy once before and it sucked, but this knee airbag sounds pretty awful.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,198 Posts
I meannnn, if he was wearing pants that would be crazy if that airbag is that powerful. I have only had them deploy once before and it sucked, but this knee airbag sounds pretty awful.
I'm telling you, people on here have had fender bender accidents with no injuries except knee injuries. FROM THE AIRBAG. Go sit in your car...look where the airbag is labeled. If you're like me and you don't have freakishly long arms (meaning you can put your seat WAYY back) then your knee is directly BESIDE the bag...so the bag HITS your knee instead of going between the dash and your knee. Odd design. So it basically explodes from the dash directly blowing a piece of plastic into your knee with explosive force lol

·
Administrator
11,875 Posts
I'm telling you, people on here have had fender bender accidents with no injuries except knee injuries. FROM THE AIRBAG. Go sit in your car...look where the airbag is labeled. If you're like me and you don't have freakishly long arms (meaning you can put your seat WAYY back) then your knee is directly BESIDE the bag...so the bag HITS your knee instead of going between the dash and your knee. Odd design. So it basically explodes from the dash directly blowing a piece of plastic into your knee with explosive force lol
In my case, its more of a shin airbag, lol

1 - 20 of 39 Posts