Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Must have left my car unlocked last night, came out and a few things were taken from my car... Only thing of significance was my tuner, which I keep in the center armrest. The tuner was of course installed and married to the car.

Now what? How do I remove the tune from my car without it? I assume I can't just buy another, since it's married to this one. FSWerks isn't too far away, hoping they can hook up to it and remove it somehow?

·
Registered
201 Posts
look on Craigslist for a tuner listed cheap, thieves around my area are pretty stupid and most of the time you can find your stuff on craigslist within a day or two. I'll just leave the rest to your imagination

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Damn that sucks! It has happened to a couple others on here, there is a way to un-marry it. You mentioned FSWerks so I'm assuming you bought it from them? Cobb may be able to provide an answer for you as well. Good luck and let us know what transpires.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,200 Posts
Good idea on Craigslist... I'll do that!
I'll assume you reported it stolen to the authorities also right? Basically you're stuck just looking for it online being sold and contacting someone like previously stated. I'm glad I don't live in a very crowded area for this reason...POSs can't leave anyone's stuff alone.

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
do you have decent car insurance? they cover **** like this, if you cant find any other way to remedy the situation

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
Don't forget to let Cobb know in case someone tries to get them to unmarry it and use it for themselves. They would have to go through Cobb to have that done.

·
Super Moderator
10,084 Posts
How does Cobb know mine, from anybody elses? What number or info can I give them?
I believe once married the AccessPort records your VIN and other vital info from the ECU.

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
How does Cobb know mine, from anybody elses? What number or info can I give them?
Give them the serial number. If you've gotten you're car tuned and not just ran an of the shelf tune, you probably had to tell your tuner what you're SN was so they could make a tune that could be loaded on your AP.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Give them the serial number. If you've gotten you're car tuned and not just ran an of the shelf tune, you probably had to tell your tuner what you're SN was so they could make a tune that could be loaded on your AP.
Oh good idea... yep, FSWerks did my setup.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
look on Craigslist for a tuner listed cheap, thieves around my area are pretty stupid and most of the time you can find your stuff on craigslist within a day or two. I'll just leave the rest to your imagination
To add to this
Show up with a gun...... 'MERICA!!!!!

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
To add to this
Show up with a gun...... 'MERICA!!!!!
As a responsible gun owner I would recommend avoiding jail time and just bring the cops in on it. Cops do sting ops on Craigslist thieves all the time, nothing new. but killing someone over a AP is well easily life in jail.

I am sure you are kidding but childish posts aside.... search for it on the web, track it down and use the cops to recover it ;) if you don't want the hassle then do what everyone as already stated in this thread.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
As a responsible gun owner I would recommend avoiding jail time and just bring the cops in on it. Cops do sting ops on Craigslist thieves all the time, nothing new. but killing someone over a AP is well easily life in jail.

I am sure you are kidding but childish posts aside.... search for it on the web, track it down and use the cops to recover it ;) if you don't want the hassle then do what everyone as already stated in this thread.
Yeah I was 100% joking, don't do that....

·
Premium Member
13,959 Posts
Please don't even joke when it comes to gun. I carry when dealing with online sellers but for my own protection.

Did you happen to backup you factory calibration with the cobb software? If so I think you can get another AP and restore your car. @COBB might be able to confirm this.

Sent from another garage.

·
Registered
696 Posts
This is also one of my nightmares. For this very reason, I bring my AP inside at night. If I'm going out on the town, I just leave it at home. (I'm still on a Stage 0 tune, so no big deal for me.)

I wish you luck.

Please keep us informed of what happens!

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Please don't even joke when it comes to gun. I carry when dealing with online sellers but for my own protection.

Did you happen to backup you factory calibration with the cobb software? If so I think you can get another AP and restore your car. @COBB might be able to confirm this.

Sent from another garage.
It was a tasteless joke, I didn't mean to offend anyone.
I too am a responsible gun owner and would never do anything with malcontent. With how things are today, I dont blame you for carrying for personal protection when doing online deals though, you never know what could happen sadly.

Reactions: Nionetics
1 - 20 of 26 Posts