Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had to take the ST in for servicing yesterday and I couldn't resist going out and taking a peek at the new RS' they had on the lot.

Then I saw this. I knew they were still charging more than retail for these but, just wow.

IMG_0378.JPG

As awesome as the RS is, I'd still have a hard time justifying the retail for it. But $60,000? That's insanity.

·
Registered
408 Posts
That's crazy, here in Miami I've seen a few for 35k and more between 36-37

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
825 Posts
"Market adjustment" ?? More like 'Waiting for some totally insane fool with more money than common sense"
$15,000 markup. Folly
I have written, Sure I would buy a RS IF the final price was $4,000 OFF list. And zero finance charge.
Like my $33,000 St was... $3,00 right off the top, no ****ering.. (plus a good price for my Focus trade in)
Mayb the $15,000 is for folks calling about it from out of town?

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
I had to take the ST in for servicing yesterday and I couldn't resist going out and taking a peek at the new RS' they had on the lot.

Then I saw this. I knew they were still charging more than retail for these but, just wow.

View attachment 252593

As awesome as the RS is, I'd still have a hard time justifying the retail for it. But $60,000? That's insanity.
That dealer is an absolute asshat. There are RS' all over going for MSRP or less from what I have seen on the threads here. I think it might be on the lot for quite a while.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Theyre 59-65k here in SoCal.. Sunrise Ford in Fontana had a whole showroom full of them when i was buying my ST.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
162 Posts
In Charlotte/Concord most dealers around me have 3-4 sitting on the lot for MSRP and can't move them.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Crazy! I just got my RS for a couple grand off.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Theyre 59-65k here in SoCal.. Sunrise Ford in Fontana had a whole showroom full of them when i was buying my ST.

Cannot believe how utterly stupid this state is. At those prices, I'd much rather save some money and get a fully loaded Mustang GT Premium with a V8.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Cannot believe how utterly stupid this state is. At those prices, I'd much rather save some money and get a fully loaded Mustang GT Premium with a V8.
That's exactly what i told the salesman.. even without the markup they still want 40k and I know i can get a better car for that money..

·
Registered
98 Posts
Hmm I checked the dealer in Irvine a few weeks ago and saw no ADM in their RS's...maybe those were 2016 model year vehicles.

·
Registered
530 Posts
If any of you want to come to North Jersey, there's a Ford dealer across the street from me that has two RS2 models for under MSRP. They never marked theirs up above MSRP and have probably sold 10 or more since the first came in.
Which dealer? I'm in NNJ too. Magarino had a couple at MSRP , Fred Beans in Doylestown, PA had some at MSRP when I bought my ST in April, and Smith Ford had a few also at MSRP. It seems the markups are mainly in areas like California or more city-esque areas where there's more stupid money. You can sell a blatantly marked up vehicle at 15k over MSRP real easy when the locals are incredibly rich like in LA. Heck, a 60k RS is perfect for the millionare's son's first car. He gets a cool car and gets to say his daddy paid 60k for it and brag to his friends. That won't fly in rural areas like Warren or Sussex Counties. If someone out here has 60k to spend on an American sports car, they're getting a Shelby.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts