·
Registered
2,754 Posts
# old news lol

Reactions: LuckyWelds

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
at the end of the day couldn't justify Mustang GT money on a Focus...
this right here. stock for stock, I just couldn't see paying more just to be slower, then when you take into consideration of modding, the mustang has a lot more headroom for going even faster.

but there is one big difference, the RS can be driven year round in your part of the world, a mustang would be a constant ride on the struggle bus for 1/3-1/2 of the year.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
this right here. stock for stock, I just couldn't see paying more just to be slower, then when you take into consideration of modding, the mustang has a lot more headroom for going even faster.

but there is one big difference, the RS can be driven year round in your part of the world, a mustang would be a constant ride on the struggle bus for 1/3-1/2 of the year.
So, before i bought my ST i had a 2015 Mustang GT Premium 401A with the 19" wheels... I put on Blizzaks for winter and to this day, that car was the best winter vehicle I've ever had (other vehicles include '12 F150 FX4 EB, '16 Edge SEL). Granted I have not put winter tires on the ST so it may not be a fair comparison - BUT here in SE MI the mustang was a fine winter vehicle, taking away that "benefit" from the RS.

As for the demise of the Mustang - I got rear ended by a buick going about 45 while i was stopped at a light. Car took the hit like a champ.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,194 Posts
So, before i bought my ST i had a 2015 Mustang GT Premium 401A with the 19" wheels... I put on Blizzaks for winter and to this day, that car was the best winter vehicle I've ever had (other vehicles include '12 F150 FX4 EB, '16 Edge SEL). Granted I have not put winter tires on the ST so it may not be a fair comparison - BUT here in SE MI the mustang was a fine winter vehicle, taking away that "benefit" from the RS.

As for the demise of the Mustang - I got rear ended by a buick going about 45 while i was stopped at a light. Car took the hit like a champ.
Ouch 45 vs 0mph would be a pretty damn decent collision. You see it coming enough to put your head back and brace? Or just get hit and go with the flow unknowingly? lol Poor mustang

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ouch 45 vs 0mph would be a pretty damn decent collision. You see it coming enough to put your head back and brace? Or just get hit and go with the flow unknowingly? lol Poor mustang
Red light turned green, Foot off brake, letting clutch out and "BOOM" forward I went. Walked away from it, not even sore. Car was still drivable, albeit, not well at all, but still moved under its own power.

As for just hearing about this - was a few days behind on my jalopnik... is there somewhere else I should be getting my auto news?

·
Registered
2016 Focus ST2
746 Posts
How are you just hearing about this?! lol
A lot of us are just hearing about this so relax and only contribute if you really have something to say. just my 2 cents

·
Premium Member
355 Posts
A lot of us are just hearing about this so relax and only contribute if you really have something to say. just my 2 cents
I didn't state that with any malicious intent.
The RS issues are pretty famous.

You can keep it.

·
Registered
565 Posts
I understand where LuckyWelds is coming from, I have known about these issues for a few months and have only recently heard from owners as I moved to a larger city that actually had RS's.

Reactions: LuckyWelds
1 - 11 of 11 Posts