Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
H&R Springs seem to be the only springs that have a lower drop in the front than the rear. I am really interested in these but a little worried about ride quality. People that have purchased these and have wheels with smaller offset have you had any issues with rubbing since the drop is 1.4" in the front? Also how does the ride quality differ from stock? I have heard great things about H&R, but want to hear Focus ST owners opinions. Couldn't find a good thread on the subject so decided to start a new one. Cheers

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
You can always do the proper installation, with real struts, at the time of a lowering spring install. In doing so, buying the 2012-2014 Bilstein B8 or Koni adjustable shocks with a matching 2012-2014 lowering spring, bolts in 100%. The only difference between those years and the 2015+ are the front struts actually. The rears the same. Many folks had complained about lowering their car and blowing out struts in those early years. I have not heard anything on newer 2015+ stuff. Going to the bilstein B8 or Koni would alleviate that somewhat, as they are made for stiffer/lower springs.

Or buy the mountune club kit, direct bolt in for all years.

Or buy coilovers from ST, KW, Bilstein, etc; all direct bolt in for all years.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.