Ford Focus ST Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

· Super Moderator
2018 Ford Focus ST1 with a 2867 gen 2
2,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 · (Edited)
Resurrection of the thread now that I've got some more consistent numbers with the new, shorter commute.

Azure Rectangle Slope Font Plot

Been averaging around 27.5 mpg since September since things are pretty stable, but I have a whole lot more stop and go than I did. I also have a lot more hills than I did before, whereas it used to be pretty much flat. For what it's worth, the computer calculated mpg has been dead on the last 2 or 3 tanks, so I've got that ratio figured out finally.

I used to have probably 10 miles (out of 24 each way) of just cruising at pretty consistent speeds, and the longest stretch at a consistent speed now is the 2 miles of freeway during the morning. That's it.

The car is breathing pretty well in the cooler, denser, air of winter, though. Be aware that this boost number is "inflated" by about 2.7 psi since the absolute pressure is 12.0x in this location, but the car LOVES the 2867 that @JST Performance tuned for me.

ETA:. By inflated I mean that I compared the MAP value to the boost value and my MAP number is the same as somebody at sea level who's running about 2.7 less psi of boost. So, it's the equivalent of about 27.2 at sea level... However, my air is still crazy thin, as you can see from the air density correction value.

Communication Device Telephony Telephone Gadget Mobile phone

Reactions: MtnMan and TurboGT

· Registered
2016 Magnetic Metallic ST3
497 Posts
Your 0.891 is about what I get in the hottest parts of summer. I know its well over 1 most of the winter though I don't consistently monitor in the winter.
How useful is monitoring OAR for a big turbo car?

· Super Moderator
2018 Ford Focus ST1 with a 2867 gen 2
2,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I just monitor the oar in case I get a lousy batch of gas and need to switch to the low boost/low timing map. Since I'm only monitoring cylinder 4 ignition corrections, I wouldn't necessarily notice enough negatives to make me switch the map slots, but if I see ANY change from -1.00, I'll change it. So far, I've not had to change it since i finished the tuning process.

I just monitor air density to let me know how much fun things are going to be when I put my right foot down. The other morning when it was -9 F I saw 1.04 for the density correction, but that was also when there was about 3 inches of snow and ice on the roads, so I couldn't even take advantage of it.

Reactions: TurboGT
21 - 25 of 25 Posts