Ford Focus ST Forum banner

GUN GUYS - Need some help

4K views 26 replies 14 participants last post by  sleestak 
#1 · (Edited)
For those of you who EDC or at least leave a pistol in your vehicle, which mounts have you used/like and where did you mount? I have a few but most recently got the M&P Shield which is the perfect size for carrying for me. I'd like to find a mount that is easy to secure and draw and it MUST be accessible from the drivers seat. I'm not worried about law discussion here since I'm in AZ (AKA The Wild, Wild West).

#2 ·
#4 ·
Just worried about it falling down to the depths of the floor/seat. No problems with it?
I currently keep it in my center console but was thinking of mounting it on the left side of the infotainment center (where my right knee would be if I extended it all the way to the right).

#8 ·
When I carry (either my shield 9 or Kimber .45) I put it in the door pocket with a microfiber cloth wrapped around it to not damage the door or bump around. Never had any issue with it.

Sent from Dr. Lights lab

Reactions: brian60
#10 ·
I use alien gear holsters they have a "Cloak Dock OWB Holster Mount" I mounted it to roughly where my right knee is on the transmission tunnel. They have a kit for ~$60, you get a paddle holster and mount. I can take pics of it later if you are curious. I love it its concealed and sturdy.

#11 ·
I literally just keep any of my guns in my door pocket, holstered in my IWB holster. The holster helps keep them from rolling around, but I don't have them actually secured. If I need them in emergency I reach into my door pocket and pull the gun...I have an extra step of taking it out of the holster though. That doesn't bother me though.

That is an airbag...if that airbag goes off you are getting a firearm planted into your leg or launched somewhere. That is the single most picky airbag in the car also, people have hit raccoons and had that knee airbag deploy. I wouldn't mount my gun there.

#12 ·
I use a magnetic mount that screws into the plastic. It's situated just in front of the seat but the grip is shielded by the seat at the same time. It's as far back on the column as I can get it without it actually touching the seat at all. I have never had my Shield 9mm ever fall off of the magnet.

#16 ·
Glad to see someone else doing this so I didn't feel like I was in the wrong lol. Having to take it out of the holster once I remove it from my door is not a big deal to me because that's still easier than trying to draw it if I was wearing it.

Reactions: Johnbian
#21 ·
I carry a S&W shield 9 in the car. It is perfectly sized to fit in the top armrest tray without removing anything. It fits snug with no room to slide around, but doesn't need to be crammed in place to fit and can be removed quickly without snagging anything.

If I bring anything bigger, I keep it in the door pocket with a cloth or rag beneath. I haven't gotten around to buying a decent holster for any of my pistols yet. I bought a magnet mount a few months ago, but just can't bring myself to drill holes into the plastics and don't trust sticky pads.

#22 ·
That little tray for me is bent enough that it doesn't stay in place and it falls. Yours is rubber right? Mine just doesn't hold anymore with the weight of a 2lb flashlight and some quarters

#25 ·
I haven't found anything I like, what with airbags behind every panel these days it seems. I had a holster in my old S10 that was perfect, right under the steering column.

This is pretty uncomfortable, but for now I'm just keeping it holstered in my OWB. I'm used to it, and it doesn't bother me for short trips, and I carry a full-sized 1911.

#26 ·
I've carried my full size 1911 at 4 o'clock IWB twice for like 3 miles. Never again. ST3 seats killed me.

I can carry my Shield at 1 o'clock IWB and be fine, but there is no way I'd be able to comfortably draw it. So, door it is.

Reactions: STeve16
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.