Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
For those of you who EDC or at least leave a pistol in your vehicle, which mounts have you used/like and where did you mount? I have a few but most recently got the M&P Shield which is the perfect size for carrying for me. I'd like to find a mount that is easy to secure and draw and it MUST be accessible from the drivers seat. I'm not worried about law discussion here since I'm in AZ (AKA The Wild, Wild West).

·
Premium Member
3,726 Posts

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My G43 sits wedged between the seat and shifter console.
Just worried about it falling down to the depths of the floor/seat. No problems with it?
I currently keep it in my center console but was thinking of mounting it on the left side of the infotainment center (where my right knee would be if I extended it all the way to the right).

·
Premium Member
1,176 Posts
Just worried about it falling down to the depths of the floor/seat. No problems with it?
I currently keep it in my center console but was thinking of mounting it on the left side of the infotainment center (where my right knee would be if I extended it all the way to the right).
I keep mine in a Remora IWB holster. The rubbery outer coating keeps it form moving around at all. It sits wedged in quite nicely. I also sometimes carry a Ruger LCP in the same style of holster. It doesn't move either, and it's a bit more slim than the Glock.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I keep mine in a Remora IWB holster. The rubbery outer coating keeps it form moving around at all. It sits wedged in quite nicely. I also sometimes carry a Ruger LCP in the same style of holster. It doesn't move either, and it's a bit more slim than the Glock.
I'll give to give it a try.

·
Registered
163 Posts
When I carry (either my shield 9 or Kimber .45) I put it in the door pocket with a microfiber cloth wrapped around it to not damage the door or bump around. Never had any issue with it.

Sent from Dr. Lights lab

Reactions: brian60

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
I use alien gear holsters they have a "Cloak Dock OWB Holster Mount" I mounted it to roughly where my right knee is on the transmission tunnel. They have a kit for ~$60, you get a paddle holster and mount. I can take pics of it later if you are curious. I love it its concealed and sturdy.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,198 Posts
I literally just keep any of my guns in my door pocket, holstered in my IWB holster. The holster helps keep them from rolling around, but I don't have them actually secured. If I need them in emergency I reach into my door pocket and pull the gun...I have an extra step of taking it out of the holster though. That doesn't bother me though.

I use alien gear holsters they have a "Cloak Dock OWB Holster Mount" I mounted it to roughly where my right knee is on the transmission tunnel. They have a kit for ~$60, you get a paddle holster and mount. I can take pics of it later if you are curious. I love it its concealed and sturdy.
That is an airbag...if that airbag goes off you are getting a firearm planted into your leg or launched somewhere. That is the single most picky airbag in the car also, people have hit raccoons and had that knee airbag deploy. I wouldn't mount my gun there.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I use a magnetic mount that screws into the plastic. It's situated just in front of the seat but the grip is shielded by the seat at the same time. It's as far back on the column as I can get it without it actually touching the seat at all. I have never had my Shield 9mm ever fall off of the magnet.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,198 Posts
Keep that **** in yo lap homezzzzzzzzzzzzzzz............

Just kidding, we can't do anything fun here in MD :(
Screw Maryland. Making me unload and store my firearm in a locked container separate from the ammunition for about a 60 mile stretch when I go through the state lol.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,198 Posts
I keep mine holstered in my iwb in the door card. My holster is worn in pretty good, and the draw is fairly smooth
Glad to see someone else doing this so I didn't feel like I was in the wrong lol. Having to take it out of the holster once I remove it from my door is not a big deal to me because that's still easier than trying to draw it if I was wearing it.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I keep mine holstered in my iwb in the door card. My holster is worn in pretty good, and the draw is fairly smooth
Thats how I feel most comfortable. I spent a lot of time practicing my draw from there, and I dont like the thought of keeping a loaded gun unholstered in my car.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,198 Posts
Thats how I feel most comfortable. I spent a lot of time practicing my draw from there, and I dont like the thought of keeping a loaded gun unholstered in my car.
Same, I have a lot of people (friends, family, kids, girlfriends family/friends) in and around my car often...don't want it completely unsecured. Plus, in the holster it's partially hidden and they might not notice what it is. My 1911 has wooden grip showing, but is still hardly noticeable it's a gun unless you know what you're looking at.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I guess i didn't think about that. I could just unclip my holster and clip it to the door pocket. I'll give it a try.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,198 Posts
I guess i didn't think about that. I could just unclip my holster and clip it to the door pocket. I'll give it a try.
With my dark ass windows I can just throw my shield in my door in my ARC (Appendix carry) holster and when I get out I can just put it back in my waistband and get out of my car. Super ease of use, and if I had to use it in defense of someone attacking me while I was behind the wheel, it isn't a big deal if I have to knock the holster off the gun real quick. The design of the ARC makes it super easy to do when not in my pants.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts