Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

I recently installed my gtx2971r and I am having issues spooling. I've had it tested for boost leaks and everything checks out ok. My tuner told me to check into the wastegate preload, has anyone had any issues with it being incorrect/faulty? Currently I'm only hitting 21psi at 6000rpm with my WGDC almost maxed out. Any advice would be great.

Thanks!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes the wastegate preload can be the issue. You need 17-18 pounds before it starts to crack.
Thank's for the reply, I'll try adjusting it.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's hard to get to but can be done. use a compressor or a mity vac that has pressure and set it at 17-18.
It can be done while on the car? I was assuming I was going to have to take it off the car.

·
Registered
371 Posts
I am having this same issue with my stock turbo. it only hits 20psi and drops off pressure. I did the boost leak testing and no leaks. Everything points to the waste gate in my situation too.

I am following to see if you find a fix, hopefully it will work for my situation also

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
I am having this same issue with my stock turbo. it only hits 20psi and drops off pressure. I did the boost leak testing and no leaks. Everything points to the waste gate in my situation too.

I am following to see if you find a fix, hopefully it will work for my situation also
Check for cracks or broken vacuum lines. I had one crack where I tapped it for my AEM Water Injection system, you might have the same problem.

That said at 100% WGDC I hit 22 psi with max pre-load on the stock wastegate.

Reactions: Bradley
1 - 10 of 10 Posts