Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Still a ways off from making this move, but I like planning ahead. I plan to buy an ATP turbo kit from Stratified within the next year or so.

The Question: GTX2867r or GTX2863r turbo for a daily driver w/ modest bolt-ons and aux fuel?

The supporting Mods:
Depo 3.5" IC (already installed)
Depo catted downpipe (already installed)
Custom Magnaflow cat-cack using the stock piping (working on compiling parts)
Velossa Tech snorkel, K&N airbox lid and filter, Panda inlet pipe(already installed)
Stratified V2 Aux fuel (hoping to find a kit used within the next year)

The goals:
I would like to make about 360 whp while maintaining excellent driveability and reliability.
I would like to hold peak boost very close to redline.
I'm currently running an e30 mix, but I could push that up to e50 w/ aux fuel. We don't have e85 here in AZ anymore, it's e54. So it would be super convenient to run straight e54 actually.

I know the 2867 is far more popular and highly recommended by Stratified... but the quicker spool of the 2863 is intriguing to me for a DD, along with the fact that the upside of the 2867 is way above my goals.

I also feel like my downpipe/ cat-back setup would limit the 2867 but would probably handle the flow rate of the 2863 just fine.

It seems like most people looking to go big turbo on their daily feel the same way... so I canlt figure out why no one goes with the 2863.

Would love to hear the opinions of people who are more knowledgeable than me.

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,194 Posts

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Paging @[email protected]

It's a good question. I'm sure the 2863 is actually a good choice for that mid 300's power choice.
I originally posted this question in the Stratified forum (http://www.focusst.org/forum/strati...67r-gtx2863r-daily-driver-w-modest-goals.html)... then thought this forum would be a better fit so I posted here and asked mods to close the one in Stratified.

But then the thread in the Stratified forum got some great replies.

So now I guess, mods you can close this thread. Thanks!

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
1 - 5 of 5 Posts