Ford Focus ST Forum banner
61 - 66 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Do you happen to have a YouTube channel? I'd like to subscribe if possible!
I do but there's nothing on it currently. I'll pm you when I upload something which could be very soon if things go smoothly.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I’d go with a EFR6258 if I was looking into a bigger turbo that could hit 350whp-400whp and have a sweet spooling characteristic.

That’s plenty for a daily in this car. From there address traction mods if you haven’t already. So tires, LSD, etc. I think the EFR doesn’t get any love due to the different downpipe and intake(or modification) being required, but they really have an edge on the smaller GTX series thanks to the gamma-ti material. Effluence is just the EFR operating at a higher range of flows. Have a decent Intercooler and you won’t notice.

If anything to answer the main question of the thread...GTX2863R is better suited than 287R.

I think some other options are Pumaspeed X37 for those wanting to hit 330-350whp and I also think FrankenTurbo is coming to market this year with their K04 style hybrid upgrade. Hopefully that hits 360whp.

I agree with DJfourmoney about the GTX not being the end all be all match for the 2.0L. The EFR6258, GTX2860R, and even the GTX2863R are all great options that can hit 400whp and make a fun daily.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
I’d go with a EFR6258 if I was looking into a bigger turbo that could hit 350whp-400whp and have a sweet spooling characteristic.

That’s plenty for a daily in this car. From there address traction mods if you haven’t already. So tires, LSD, etc. I think the EFR doesn’t get any love due to the different downpipe and intake(or modification) being required, but they really have an edge on the smaller GTX series thanks to the gamma-ti material. Effluence is just the EFR operating at a higher range of flows. Have a decent Intercooler and you won’t notice.

If anything to answer the main question of the thread...GTX2863R is better suited than 287R.

I think some other options are Pumaspeed X37 for those wanting to hit 330-350whp and I also think FrankenTurbo is coming to market this year with their K04 style hybrid upgrade. Hopefully that hits 360whp.

I agree with DJfourmoney about the GTX not being the end all be all match for the 2.0L. The EFR6258, GTX2860R, and even the GTX2863R are all great options that can hit 400whp and make a fun daily.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Will easily make 400+ with race fuel, WMI or Boostane/Accelerator/RaceGas with plenty of fuel to spare.

Sent from my LG-M255 using Tapatalk

Reactions: DijonFTW

·
Premium Member
1,198 Posts
So which BT would you guys recommend for someone looking to get between +350-400HP but not using aux fuel (just 93 or E30)?

·
Registered
69 Posts
So which BT would you guys recommend for someone looking to get between +350-400HP but not using aux fuel (just 93 or E30)?
Doing my research through this forum, others as well as a group I follow on Facebook has all helped lead me into the right direction I believe. If you want more than 350, you're not going to have a choice but to do WMI and/or aux. I'm getting a Gen II GTX2867R (w/ tune) and stage 1 aux kit from stratified (already have the WMI on the way) as my goal is 400whp. I wanted the same thing you did but found out it just will not happen without WMI or aux.

·
Premium Member
1,198 Posts
Doing my research through this forum, others as well as a group I follow on Facebook has all helped lead me into the right direction I believe. If you want more than 350, you're not going to have a choice but to do WMI and/or aux. I'm getting a Gen II GTX2867R (w/ tune) and stage 1 aux kit from stratified (already have the WMI on the way) as my goal is 400whp. I wanted the same thing you did but found out it just will not happen without WMI or aux.
Damn, that sucks. Well I guess when the time comes, I'll have to get as much hp&tq as I can using pump gas.

61 - 66 of 66 Posts