Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A little googling has lead me to 17,362 GTI's having been sold in 2014, and 14,036 ST's. Do these numbers sound correct, and do they include just the United States for the ST? On VWUSA's website, it's pretty clear that the numbers are just for the U.S. (I'd link, but I'm not sure if that's allowed on this forum)

Also, if the numbers are right, I'm surprised there isn't more of a difference. I see GTI's everywhere, but in the Richmond VA area it seems like I only see a FoST every week or two.

·
Premium Member
938 Posts
14,036 is definitely the total for 2014 STs in North America. I think that there are only 5 or 6 in the entire State of Vermont, regardless of the model year; I never see any on the road around me.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
I know of only a couple around the Gulf Coast of Alabama, but I've always seen more GTIs. Honestly I see more Mustangs than either, but that's the south for you.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I guess I'm just surprised that there aren't at least like, twice as many GTI's sold in the U.S. as ST's. No idea where all the ST's are (or where the GTI's aren't), but it's not in Virginia haha

·
Registered
294 Posts
ST's are all over the place in southern PA, both focus and fiesta. I see a lot of older style GTI, Mk6 or older, but not a ton of MK7... With the exception of the one in my driveway that parks next to my ST.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ST's are all over the place in southern PA, both focus and fiesta. I see a lot of older style GTI, Mk6 or older, but not a ton of MK7... With the exception of the one in my driveway that parks next to my ST.
Huh, I guess it's just different region to region.. And the earlier post about GTI's having been made longer is a good one too

·
Registered
14 Posts
I see quite a few STs (Focus and Fiesta) in the DFW area. Probably a few a week, nearly daily.
I do see more GTIs, though.

I wouldn't consider either car rare here, but this is also a very large metropolitan area.
I've seen Maseratis, Bentlys, Ferraris, AMG Mercs, Lamborghinis, etc on my daily commutes.

·
Registered
248 Posts
I see more and more ST's around here, they are catching on.
Yeah I think just alot of people dont know about them. I know when I UBER everyone always says the same thing "I didnt know a Focus looks like this", "When did Ford come out this car", "They still make stick shift cars?"

On the westcoast I see more ads for the Fusion/mustang and none for the Focus.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Ton of them here in FL, our (Tampa) Bay Area ST group has at least 90 members and new members join all the time.

·
Registered
63 Posts
ST's of Ontario has grown from 200 members to about 270 in the few months that I have joined. Who wants a GTI anyways. I find myself always looking at on coming Golfs for the little gti decal. They look exactly the same.....a german toaster! lol

1 - 20 of 26 Posts