Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've poked around looking for an answer to this but haven't had any luck. If I get a tune, can I just set it to a stock map when I autocross? I'm a complete newb with all of this, so I'd like to not have to flash/reflash every time I go to an autocross. And is it common to just use the stock map and then whenever you want to go on a fun drive, switch it to tuned? I was thinking of doing this, since I'd like to keep the extra wear on the car to a minimum.

Also, if any of y'all will be at the Capital Driving Club event next weekend and want to help a novice, give me a shout

·
Registered
926 Posts
Anything other than a stock tune takes you out of street class.

Changing the tune for a fun run is up to whoever is putting on the event.

·
Registered
86 Posts
For a regional event, you're probably good to go setting it to a stock tune if your club is cool with it. For fun runs, you're not competing for anything, so typically anything goes. Our club runs an open "time only" class for afternoon runs which would be fine for a tuned car, so anyone who would run GS in the morning runs TO in the afternoon.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies guys. I'll hold off on the tune then until I can ask the guy who runs the regional one here

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts