Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our local region has gotten back one of our favorite sites, Seneca Army Depot. It might be enough to get me back into autocross. If so, I'd like to prep the car accordingly and want to make sure I'm class legal.

I have a 2013.5 ST, built in October 2013 for model year 2014. I'd like to install Konis or Bilsteins. A local ST driver said I'd be fine, but Stage3's website says these struts only work in the front for the 2013 ST only.

Could I buy 2013 OEM springs and install the Konis and be class legal?

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Locally I don't think it would be a big deal. If you were to compete on a national stage and win, I'm sure someone could get pissy and get you on a technicality for back dating parts.

·
Registered
65 Posts
You have a tour in 2018 - being "not legal" is a bad idea for that event. If your car is model year 2014, you can't do it. I am stuck with the same problem. Our legal alternative is setting up inserts and spending a lot more money to do it.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,194 Posts
I mean if you are in a smaller local club then sure, like @freakin_elrod said it would be fine I'm sure. Just expect potential problems on a larger or more strict stage or group.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts