Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just hit 10k miles, of course something would happen. So it started a couple weeks ago when I go in reverse you can hear a slight grinding sound and the clutch pedal vibrates a little. Well now it does it in 1st, 2nd gear, low RPM while slowing the vehicle down in gear with the clutch not pressed, it’ll start a grinding/ vibration sound and you can feel it in the pedal. But accelerating and cruising its fine.

I’ve been BT for about 6k miles and I’ve had a mountune RMM on for about the same time. I inspected the RMM yesterday and it was right and in good condition. What I did find is that the RMM has a lot of play up and down when I slide it in to install it. From what I remember it should be snug right?

·
Registered
2 Posts
This also happens to me but only when I am coming to a halt and I'm in neutral... rarely happens though. I have a 2015 ST3 with around 27000 miles

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This also happens to me but only when I am coming to a halt and I'm in neutral... rarely happens though. I have a 2015 ST3 with around 27000 miles
I’m going back to stock and taking it in, had my fun with big turbo etc. just don’t have the time and or $$ to have my car down.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I’m going back to stock and taking it in, had my fun with big turbo etc. just don’t have the time and or $$ to have my car down.
my car is stock besides the fswerk short shift kit (and im gonna install a borla exhaust on monday), and I looked into it and it seemed to be a common problem with these cars that no one really knows why... When i did some spirited driving today i realized it happened again, it was idling smoothly then suddenly it went dipped a few hundred RPM and everything shuddered for a sec and then it was fine right after... I wouldn't worry about it and I'll try to find the link to the thread which talks about it

Update: here is the link http://www.focusst.org/forum/focus-st-discussions/118658-engine-shudder-idle.html

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
my car is stock besides the fswerk short shift kit (and im gonna install a borla exhaust on monday), and I looked into it and it seemed to be a common problem with these cars that no one really knows why... When i did some spirited driving today i realized it happened again, it was idling smoothly then suddenly it went dipped a few hundred RPM and everything shuddered for a sec and then it was fine right after... I wouldn't worry about it and I'll try to find the link to the thread which talks about it

Update: here is the link http://www.focusst.org/forum/focus-st-discussions/118658-engine-shudder-idle.html
Mines not at idle tho, it happens when actually driving. I started feeling my gears becoming more sloppy now as well. Frustrating

·
Registered
28 Posts
I know that there are some issues with Syncro's in this car. I had to have my transaxle replaced due to a "grinding" that was going on, though mine was under power as well. Does your dealer have an ST enthusiast in the shop? If not, find one that does and take it there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts