Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
How do you remove the check engine light for the grill shutter being removed, not by the AP it just pops back up but permanently, what have you done to fix this?

in to hear the answer as I'll be finally doing my intercooler soon too

Reactions: LeojST

·
Registered
220 Posts
Do the facelift models differ in regards to the shutters compared to 2013-'14 models? I removed my shutters and left the harness unplugged, but have no CEL or any issue that i see.

·
Registered
660 Posts
How do you remove the check engine light for the grill shutter being removed, not by the AP it just pops back up but permanently, what have you done to fix this?
Are you sure the cel is from removing the shutters?

Shutters alone I've researched should not give you a CEL.
:whs: Upgraded my FMIC and removed shutters. Just zip tied the unused plug up and no cel at all.

Reactions: LockeLamora33

·
Registered
393 Posts
Removing the ags will pop a code. It usually will not turn a cel on but sometimes does. But it still throws a code. Whoever is your tuner have them kill your shutter system in your tune. That'll take care of it for good

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,200 Posts
Yeah I just zip tied the sensor out of the way and tucked the wires properly and flashed my tune which has them disabled and got no codes. Talk to your tuner.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ive thought of the zip tie deal, ugh. Yes it throws the cel, ill take a picture and show ya this afternoon when im off work, still need to fix my downpipe O2 sensor

·
Registered
162 Posts
When I installed Mr fmic, I took the motor that drives the shutters off. I then plugged it in and zipped tied it under the driver head lite area . Some say they didn't get a cell, myself I didn't want to put it back together and find a cell.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts