Ford Focus ST Forum banner
301 - 320 of 327 Posts

· Registered
456 Posts
Imagine my surprise when I opened my garage door to see this after coming home from work.... The exhaust was supposed to be on back order and not even ready to ship out until maybe Friday!! I don't even get a shipment update or tracking #

Looks like I'm gonna be busy tonight. Pics and video to come later on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
153 Posts
Imagine my surprise when I opened my garage door to see this after coming home from work.... The exhaust was supposed to be on back order and not even ready to ship out until maybe Friday!! I don't even get a shipment update or tracking #

Looks like I'm gonna be busy tonight. Pics and video to come later on.

Awesome! You are going to love this exhaust, I can guarantee it.

· Registered
456 Posts
Arg... So I couldn't get off work today to be able to take pictures and video of the install. BUT my buddy who works at Ford swapped cars with me last night. He's going to do the install solo, such a good friend! ;)

I just got these photos

I'll post some sound clips later today. It's gonna be Depo 3" catless DP w/ the 3" Greddy catback.

He said it sounds awesome!

· Registered
819 Posts
I can attest to that. 3" catless and the Greddy is amazing

· Premium Member
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,213 Posts
I'll post some sound clips later today. It's gonna be Depo 3" catless DP w/ the 3" Greddy catback.

He said it sounds awesome!

I can attest to that. 3" catless and the Greddy is amazing

When y'all say "sounds amazing" are we talking LOUD? I'm getting a feel for future upgrade to catback and I'm trying to find an option that passes the girlfriend test and doesn't drone. I hate drone lol.

Depo 3" catless and stock catback currently. Looking to maybe cut my resonator out if I can make my mind up.

· Registered
456 Posts
When y'all say "sounds amazing" are we talking LOUD? I'm getting a feel for future upgrade to catback and I'm trying to find an option that passes the girlfriend test and doesn't drone. I hate drone lol.

Depo 3" catless and stock catback currently. Looking to maybe cut my resonator out if I can make my mind up.
I was previously running the 3" depo w/ a muffler delete and it was way too loud. Made my car sound like a sh*t box if you ask me. I'm really hoping the Greddy cleans up the sound.

Maybe just doing a resonator delete would have sounded better option for you in the meantime...

· Premium Member
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,213 Posts
I was previously running the 3" depo w/ a muffler delete and it was way too loud. Made my car sound like a sh*t box if you ask me. I'm really hoping the Greddy cleans up the sound.

Maybe just doing a resonator delete would have sounded better option for you in the meantime...

From what I've gathered in my research Muffler vs Resonator delete the Muffler give you more sound and more drone vs the resonator giving you more throaty sound that's a little quieter without drone. The fact I have a catless downpipe is what makes everything muddy here lol.

· Registered
819 Posts
From what I've gathered in my research Muffler vs Resonator delete the Muffler give you more sound and more drone vs the resonator giving you more throaty sound that's a little quieter without drone. The fact I have a catless downpipe is what makes everything muddy here lol.
Tbh I thought that a muffler delete and/or resonator delete with a catless downpipe sounded like crap so I put both the downpipe and cat back on at the same time. It's loud when you want it to be, like at WOT when your cookin down the street. But on down shifts there's a ton of gurgles and on rev matches it's intoxicatingly deep for a 2.0. 3" all the way through is the route you take when you want a deep mature sound out of a 4 banger

Reactions: chronos and HBGeek

· Premium Member
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,213 Posts
Tbh I thought that a muffler delete and/or resonator delete with a catless downpipe sounded like crap so I put both the downpipe and cat back on at the same time. It's loud when you want it to be, like at WOT when your cookin down the street. But on down shifts there's a ton of gurgles and on rev matches it's intoxicatingly deep for a 2.0. 3" all the way through is the route you take when you want a deep mature sound out of a 4 banger

I just have to find a catback that doesn't give me headaches on the way to get groceries 13 miles away or have my girlfriend hate it haha

· Registered
456 Posts
FYI the Greddy exhaust with my catless DP sounds just about as loud as my previous muffler delete under WOT but with a cleaner, deeper, gurgling sound. It does sound really good at idle and while driving tho.

· Premium Member
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,213 Posts
FYI the Greddy exhaust with my catless DP sounds just about as loud as my previous muffler delete under WOT but with a cleaner, deeper, gurgling sound. It does sound really good at idle and while driving tho.

Does it drone to a headache level at any point? Lol

301 - 320 of 327 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.