Ford Focus ST Forum banner
41 - 60 of 67 Posts

· Registered
1,900 Posts
You know... every company is using dual or even triple tips.

I'm not in the market for an exhaust, but I think a single, oval shaped tip that fit the bumper fascia cutout would look awesome and definitely separate this exhaust from the pack. Something like:

Metal

Others I expect will disagree but I like the uniqueness of the stock tips, and so if I ever was going to replace my exhaust I'd want something equally visually unique.

Hope that helps,
Mark

Reactions: Greenfun13

· Registered
534 Posts
The exhaust was fitted on my ST. It is still being perfected and until that time no pics or videos are available, but I can give you my personal take. First off, GReddy has been great to work with. Very professional, the quality of work is amazing, and they all seem to have a fun positive attitude. The exhaust is noticeable on start up, but not loud by any means. It has a much lower deeper tone but it is a very clean sound without rasp and it remains that way throughout the RPM range. 3500-5000 RPM is definitely the sweet spot for both power and sound. On deceleration it has amazing, but subtle gurgle and popping. I LOVE this as its not obnoxious outside but still slightly audible inside the car. Cruising on the HWY at 70-80mph there is no drone in 6th gear. There are going to be some people that would say this exhaust drones, but if you know how to properly drive a manual transmission car and you are in the appropriate gear for your speed you should not have any drone. Driving around town I can make this exhaust what I want it to be and that makes me extremely happy. I can shift later and make some noise around me if I'd like or I can leisurely drive without being noticed. I'm picky when it comes to exhaust and I wouldn't want anything less or more.
Props to Greddy for their interest and efforts, and to you STmck for helping them develop their ST catback. If this exhaust is relatively quiet until 3.5K, then this may be a great option. My MBRP hits max loudness around 2.5K.

· Registered
320 Posts
I sported the SP exhausts in all my Hondas/Acuras in the past because they sounded great and fitment was spot on. However, I'm a bit disappointed that greddy didn't go with the big oval muffler for the rear section, ala miltek, borla and ford racing. That would have definitely kept the DB levels down and probably one of the signature aspects of the SP series to me. This exhausts looks like more of the Greddy RS line exhausts minus the tips.

Reactions: STmck

· Registered
1,246 Posts
Any status updates? Straight pipe is getting old but I don't want a quiet exhaust (the amount of stupid pedestrians in this city is ridiculous, if they don't hear you coming they'll step out right in front of you, and, I like being loud lol) Would love something that's decently loud, but with a smooth, "refined" sound to it instead of this extremely aggressive, sometimes raspy, noise.

· Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
Hey Aaron,

Do you guys have a projected release date for the following exhaust? I know you're busy with FD, just looking for some kind of time frame for ordering parts for my build.

Thanks.
I hope to have this system put into production by the end of the year. I need to do one more test fit before I can put it into production though. Hopefully after the final round of FD in October I will have some time to finish up this system. However I am also prototyping an intake for the ST that will be displayed at SEMA this year so I will be busy with that as well.

-Aaron

· Registered
72 Posts
I hope to have this system put into production by the end of the year. I need to do one more test fit before I can put it into production though. Hopefully after the final round of FD in October I will have some time to finish up this system. However I am also prototyping an intake for the ST that will be displayed at SEMA this year so I will be busy with that as well.

-Aaron

Very cool. Im rockin the FSWerks one and they basically just gave me 3" piping from the new MAF style back and a Cobb filter. Not very much of a KIT so to speak but I'd like to see what you've got in mind. End of the year works. Usually use my Company bonus and taxes for car stuff Feb/Mar.

Good luck with whats left of the season. I'll prob go to Irwindale since it's the last event they'll have there :( I used to work for JIC and sure do miss going to events but im a cubicle worker now.

· Registered
42 Posts
There won't be updates until after sema as already stated.

· Registered
2,522 Posts
There won't be updates until after sema as already stated.
The front page of this site mentions an ST at SEMA that supposedly has a Full Greddy intake and exhaust system.

· Registered
222 Posts
The exhaust has been designed and built, but it needs adjustments before is can be sold to the masses. I think Greddy is swamped with their "FuguZ" build for SEMA and wont be able to "focus" on anything else until then

· Registered
42 Posts
The front page of this site mentions an ST at SEMA that supposedly has a Full Greddy intake and exhaust system.

-Aaron
5th page.

41 - 60 of 67 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.