Reactions: Evolved

·
Registered
717 Posts
I was starting to give up hope on GReddy. Thumb Finger Gesture Cool Photography

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Yes it is a true 3" system. Where it connects to the OEM flange we have a laser cut flange with a smaller outside specification, but still the 3" center bore.

The tips are duel 4" tips.

-Aaron

Well if they are duel(ing) they should probably turn around and face each other.

/trollcomment just messin'.

Seriously though, I really like the concept of GReddy getting involved. Maybe I'm just hoping for something nobody can pull off...to make this car sound more sonorous.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Well if they are duel(ing) they should probably turn around and face each other.

/trollcomment just messin'.

Seriously though, I really like the concept of GReddy getting involved. Maybe I'm just hoping for something nobody can pull off...to make this car sound more sonorous.
HAHAHA. Good catch. I always spell it that way when I am rushing. To much count of monte cristo for me.

As for a non-resonated model or muffler only model I don't think we will be offering that because this system is already higher then our 95dB limit. However if there is enough interest in a non-resonated model I may be able to set up a group buy single production run for that.

-Aaron

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
.....resonated its ALREADY above 95dB?! jesus... and I thought you guys made loud exhausts for civics lol. Sure would get people around here pulled over.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
.....resonated its ALREADY above 95dB?! jesus... and I thought you guys made loud exhausts for civics lol. Sure would get people around here pulled over.
Yes the 95dB is really a concern for us. I did test this system in a 2.5" tubing size and that sound reading was only 91dB, however from what I heard talking to ST owners they all wanted a true 3" system. Would it be safe to assume the most of you would prefer the 3" system that is louder over the 2.5" system that would attract less unwanted law enforcement attention.

-Aaron
R&D

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
Yes the 95dB is really a concern for us. I did test this system in a 2.5" tubing size and that sound reading was only 91dB, however from what I heard talking to ST owners they all wanted a true 3" system. Would it be safe to assume the most of you would prefer the 3" system that is louder over the 2.5" system that would attract less unwanted law enforcement attention.

-Aaron
R&D
Isnt there a way that you guys can use an internal baffle in the resonator with a tighter packing? I understand that this is a hindrance to the flow rate very slightly, and it would obviously give a higher price tag, but I feel that most companies are clear of the 95dB mark in the 3" class. I know that MBRP is certainly hitting near or at 95dB no problem when your really on it, but they have very little packing material in their front can. Not sure if you guys can use ghost cans/resonator design to cut back on the sound level, but certainly will be a potent system knowing your guy's sound in the 8th gen civic cars lol.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
I'm probably in the minority but I want a system that has zero drone and is quiet enough to pass as stock in most situations. But I want a sound that is refined, deep and authoritative, and has some bark as opposed to "weed whacker" sound.

-Aaron
R&D

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
I'm probably in the minority but I want a system that has zero drone and is quiet enough to pass as stock in most situations. But I want a sound that is refined, deep and authoritative, and has some bark as opposed to "weed whacker" sound.
Then you need to buy the Mountune exhaust...greddy is never a subtle company (which is a good thing for the rest of us haha)

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Then you need to buy the Mountune exhaust...greddy is never a subtle company (which is a good thing for the rest of us haha)
I'm not made of Mountune money but I appreciate the suggestion.

But I've owned GReddy exhausts before, on my Supras, and they weren't overbearingly loud by what I remember. But whatev.

Reactions: zerocoolxx

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
I'm not made of Mountune money but I appreciate the suggestion.

But I've owned GReddy exhausts before, on my Supras, and they weren't overbearingly loud by what I remember. But whatev.
My experience with GReddy has been via civic, Acura, infiniti, and 350Z .. all of which were pretty dang loud (the infiniti was pretty mild though). I dont think I ever heard their system on a supra in person, so I can not comment on that part. At least in the Honda/Acura front they are not Skunk2 loud.. but they certainly hurt the ears non-resonated.

And I agree, very few people are montune rich lol.

·
Registered
222 Posts
The exhaust was fitted on my ST. It is still being perfected and until that time no pics or videos are available, but I can give you my personal take.

First off, GReddy has been great to work with. Very professional, the quality of work is amazing, and they all seem to have a fun positive attitude.

The exhaust is noticeable on start up, but not loud by any means. It has a much lower deeper tone but it is a very clean sound without rasp and it remains that way throughout the RPM range. 3500-5000 RPM is definitely the sweet spot for both power and sound. On deceleration it has amazing, but subtle gurgle and popping. I LOVE this as its not obnoxious outside but still slightly audible inside the car. Cruising on the HWY at 70-80mph there is no drone in 6th gear. There are going to be some people that would say this exhaust drones, but if you know how to properly drive a manual transmission car and you are in the appropriate gear for your speed you should not have any drone. Driving around town I can make this exhaust what I want it to be and that makes me extremely happy. I can shift later and make some noise around me if I'd like or I can leisurely drive without being noticed. I'm picky when it comes to exhaust and I wouldn't want anything less or more.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I have a phr 4in titanium exhaust on my supra. I'm not worried about how loud this car will be.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Yeah I'm good for loud. :D

21 - 40 of 67 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.