Ford Focus ST Forum banner
21 - 40 of 57 Posts

· Registered
819 Posts
Love the sound and the look! Have you noticed any drone??

· Registered
734 Posts
There is no down pipe on this car. Besides exhaust, some suspension components, and shifter mods the car is stock. Ill try to get some more footage this week.
Any chance you can get a good close up sound clip of it just idling? I wonder if you can hear the turbo spool like other Catbacks (Flowmaster-ish.)

· Registered
222 Posts
Love the sound and the look! Have you noticed any drone??
There is a very slight drone around 2K rpm but it quickly goes away. No drone while cruising at highway speeds at all. Here is my initial review from when it was first installed. I will also add this to the video post.

"First off, GReddy has been great to work with. Very professional, the quality of work is amazing, and they all seem to have a fun positive attitude.

The exhaust is noticeable on start up, but not loud by any means. It has a much lower deeper tone but it is a very clean sound without rasp and it remains that way throughout the RPM range. 3500-5000 RPM is definitely the sweet spot for both power and sound. On deceleration it has amazing, but subtle gurgle and popping. I LOVE this as its not obnoxious outside but still slightly audible inside the car. Cruising on the HWY at 70-80mph there is no drone in 6th gear. There are going to be some people that would say this exhaust drones, but if you know how to properly drive a manual transmission car and you are in the appropriate gear for your speed you should not have any drone. Driving around town I can make this exhaust what I want it to be and that makes me extremely happy. I can shift later and make some noise around me if I'd like or I can leisurely drive without being noticed. I'm picky when it comes to exhaust and I wouldn't want anything less or more."

Any chance you can get a good close up sound clip of it just idling? I wonder if you can hear the turbo spool like other Catbacks (Flowmaster-ish.)
I can get some footage of this for the next video although the turbo shouldn't be spooling up if its just idling.

· Registered
819 Posts
There is a very slight drone around 2K rpm but it quickly goes away. No drone while cruising at highway speeds at all. Here is my initial review from when it was first installed. I will also add this to the video post. "First off, GReddy has been great to work with. Very professional, the quality of work is amazing, and they all seem to have a fun positive attitude. The exhaust is noticeable on start up, but not loud by any means. It has a much lower deeper tone but it is a very clean sound without rasp and it remains that way throughout the RPM range. 3500-5000 RPM is definitely the sweet spot for both power and sound. On deceleration it has amazing, but subtle gurgle and popping. I LOVE this as its not obnoxious outside but still slightly audible inside the car. Cruising on the HWY at 70-80mph there is no drone in 6th gear. There are going to be some people that would say this exhaust drones, but if you know how to properly drive a manual transmission car and you are in the appropriate gear for your speed you should not have any drone. Driving around town I can make this exhaust what I want it to be and that makes me extremely happy. I can shift later and make some noise around me if I'd like or I can leisurely drive without being noticed. I'm picky when it comes to exhaust and I wouldn't want anything less or more." I can get some footage of this for the next video although the turbo shouldn't be spooling up if its just idling.
Really appreciate the detailed response! Must be better in real life but even through the video it does sound deep but not annoying. Would love another video too whenever you get the chance!!

· Registered
819 Posts

· Registered
819 Posts
On your website it says that the stock ST gained 24.52 hp and 11.98 ft-lbs torque. With other systems the gain in hp and torque wasn't as high, was that due to a tune for the exhaust?

· Registered
2,752 Posts
too bad this is like 3 years in the making or I would have waited for it ... lol.
Like the sound a lot, better then flowmaster for sure. If only I could actually find someone to buy my current exhaust id jump on this.

21 - 40 of 57 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.